Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huliodude

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
Cell signal in my Rogers iPhone 5 is definitely weaker than my iPhone 4, with some times dropping to 3G, Edge, or no service in areas I know have decent service.

A quick google search reveals similar complaints. Of course, a google search could reveal anything no matter how obscure, but here it is.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/09/24/iphone-5-has-a-harder-time-retaining-4g-lte-signal-than-android-rivals/

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
So exchange it.

And the mere fact that you decided to call this a "-gate" pretty much means I shouldn't even give you THAT advice.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
If you are on Rogers don't link to an article which discusses AT&T. Different networks, different locations, etc. One thing I have found is that my iPhone 5 will hold onto an LTE signal in areas where my iPhone 4S could only find 3G. Therefore I consider it to be superior.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Agreed. Does everything have to have "-gate" attatched these days?

The irony of it is, the "-gate" moniker was attached to "antennagate" by Steve Jobs to suggest that blogs and "media" outlets were grossly exaggerating the issue and blowing it out of proportion.

So while most people probably don't realize it, they're actually using it right: they've blown the issue out of proportion, and it's probably not the universal, widespread scandal they think it is.

adcx64

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2008
Philadelphia
The irony of it is, the "-gate" moniker was attached to "antennagate" by Steve Jobs to suggest that blogs and "media" outlets were grossly exaggerating the issue and blowing it out of proportion.

So while most people probably don't realize it, they're actually using it right: they've blown the issue out of proportion, and it's probably not the universal, widespread scandal they think it is.

Your QC cycle article was a good read.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA

Completely forgot about that. Very ironic, indeed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.