Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
I would like to know if Apex launcher changes the recent apps menu back to the way it's don't in stock ice cream sandwich. Vertical menu and swipe left or right to close apps. I don't like how HTC changed it with sense to be a horizontal list and you have to swipe up to close. Thanks!!

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
I would like to know if Apex launcher changes the recent apps menu back to the way it's don't in stock ice cream sandwich. Vertical menu and swipe left or right to close apps. I don't like how HTC changed it with sense to be a horizontal list and you have to swipe up to close. Thanks!!

Your best option is to either install an aosp ROM or see if someone patched the SystemUI.apk in sense to use the regular recents list.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Your best option is to either install an aosp ROM or see if someone patched the SystemUI.apk in sense to use the regular recents list.

Thanks. I was looking for a way to get rid of that nasty recent apps menu without rooting. But I may have to...

Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
No - no launcher changes the recent apps.

I'm actually on HTC Elevate and am rocking Jelly Bean and Sense 4+ :)
Its mighty and will be available soon ;) Got 6500 on Quadrant, beating the Note 2 :) Though recent apps is still the same.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Just do it lol. There so many other things you can enjoy with root.

Haha! I fully support this reasoning. Lol

----------

No - no launcher changes the recent apps.

I'm actually on HTC Elevate and am rocking Jelly Bean and Sense 4+ :)
Its mighty and will be available soon ;) Got 6500 on Quadrant, beating the Note 2 :) Though recent apps is still the same.

Ugh, that's disappointing but thanks. I guess I'll be rooting if I get the HTC one x+

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.