Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ReetC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
Toronto
So I will be getting my iPhone 5 black/slate soon and I've been reading up on the whole "scuff gate" issue and was wanting to know a case that can protect the phone somewhat, make it still aesthetically pleasing, and cover the black aluminum borders so no scratching is done. Or will a bumper suffice? :confused::confused:

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
BestSkinsEver.com has amazing clear skins. I use them on my iPad and iPhone 5. You can't even tell it's on there. I would highly recommend it as someone who doesn't like to hide the products with cases but wants to protect it from scratching.

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
I've tried BestSkinsEver and Zagg; they're both great. My most preferred, however, is Skinomi. Even though my iP5 is white, it works great to cover major surfaces and facets of the phone. Search for it on Amazon for a cheaper deal, or you can enter a code on their website for 20 per cent off.

-C

gsugolfer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2010
Georgia, USA
Bumper and front/back protectors is the route I'm going. Adds a little bulk to the edges to make it easier to hold and keeps everything protected.

If it doesn't look good after pulling it out of this combo at time to sell it, there's nothing that can be done short of putting it in a case.

doo567

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
BestSkinsEver.com has amazing clear skins. I use them on my iPad and iPhone 5. You can't even tell it's on there. I would highly recommend it as someone who doesn't like to hide the products with cases but wants to protect it from scratching.

I agree. I have had bestskinsever on my iPhone 5 since day one and it looks amazing. Only thing I have to worry about is dropping the phone now!!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.