Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexNiko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
Hello!
My name is Alex. I'm photographer. Me and my friend want to produce digital photo magazine for ipad. We bough Adobe DPS Single edition to test what we can. Now we try to find some solution more cheaper than Adobe DPS prof. What we need:

Buil app that support subscription (like Time or NewYorker). Spend less money than Adobe want ))). I would be grateful for answers.

Alex.

lucidmedia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2008
Wellington, New Zealand
Not sure what Adobe are asking, but in my decade of experience with them, I'd be hesitant to buy anything they're offering.

Have you looked into MagPlus? http://www.magplus.com

MagPlus and Adobe DPS are the big players in this space, but in my experience DPS is the far better option. Mag+ has terrible (read: nonexistent) documentation, so getting up and running takes a lot of time and effort.

Mag+ is a little less expensive, but in the grand scheme of things not THAT much less expensive.

If you are looking to do something on the cheap, why not create a responsive HTML magazine? Thats free.

FuelUser

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
Deezine - Your Digital Magazine from iPad

Hi Everyone!

I discovered an App that may help you! With Deezine you can design from layouts your own mags with contents from social networks, photos, videos, RSS text and the plus is the Interactive modes! They're awesome! And free!

Website is: www.deezine.es
Take a look!

:)

Lunass

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2013
Hello!
My name is Alex. I'm photographer. Me and my friend want to produce digital photo magazine for ipad. We bough Adobe DPS Single edition to test what we can. Now we try to find some solution more cheaper than Adobe DPS prof. What we need:

Buil app that support subscription (like Time or NewYorker). Spend less money than Adobe want ))). I would be grateful for answers.

Alex.
Hi Alex,
another solution for your referance, you can try Kvisoft digital magazine software, it can help you create digital magazine from PDF or photo image files, hope this helps!
It also has a 30-day trial version, you can download to try.

crisF

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2013
When I had to choose such a solutions I read a lot about different software and decided that Adobe DPS is the best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.