Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I'm looking at you, voxer and tagged and fml and oovoo lol. Especially pandora and kik. The resolution of the new screen has been known for almost a month now! Lots of people use your apps! I know it's not easy to recode the size but it doesn't take 3 months! I just hate the letterboxing :/

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
I'm looking at you, voxer and tagged and fml and oovoo lol. Especially pandora and kik. The resolution of the new screen has been known for almost a month now! Lots of people use your apps! I know it's not easy to recode the size but it doesn't take 3 months! I just hate the letterboxing :/

I wonder how many more threads we are going to have on this subject.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Not to be too spiteful, but unless you're a Dev., you don't really know what you're talking about...

https://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/0...c-app-store-app-reviews-rising-significantly/

I don't get it, your link is to a story about the MAC app store...

3-11 days isn't terrible for ios stuff. And i've heard the supposeded devs complain "how can i test my app when i can't even go out and buy an iphone 5!"

I get it, but i doubt the little basement coded apps have anyone in a tizzy about the screen res not being updated.

So bank of america was able to update their app, but ebay wasn't?
Pandora? Stabucks for crying out loud? really?

Last edited:

Opstech

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
California
Don’t get me wrong, but your feedback lacks compassion. Apps are approved on daily basis. It’s not like we can just change the settings and turn it on. We have to resubmit the app for approval. https://developer.apple.com/appstore/guidelines.html
This process is the same as waiting in line for the newest iPhone? We have to get in line too! Kick back and enjoy what you have, not what you want.

Last edited:

dmelgar

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Actually it is pretty easy. Just need to decide what part of the screen stretches. Apps like Pandora should be fairly easy.

----------

Not to be too spiteful, but unless you're a Dev., you don't really know what you're talking about...

https://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/0...c-app-store-app-reviews-rising-significantly/

Thats the "Mac" app store. Not the iOS app store.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Actually it is pretty easy. Just need to decide what part of the screen stretches. Apps like Pandora should be fairly easy.

----------

Thats the "Mac" app store. Not the iOS app store.

So people like you and the OP can complain about how it's "just stretched"? Sounds like a great idea...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.