Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Oct 8, 2012, 07:40 PM   #1
jk73
macrumors member

is it possible to stop TextEdit from saving versions?

I don't remember seeing this a single time under 10.8 or 10.8.1, but lately, TextEdit is saving a separate file every time I edit a document. As a result, if I have two TextEdit notes files on my desktop and then edit each of them a couple times, my desktop quickly becomes cluttered with the original files plus copies of each version (e.g., "File.rtf" plus a bunch of files like "File.rtf.sb-e65-efgh75-efgh").

Is there a way to either disable this or have all of these versions dumped into a single folder somewhere, out of sight? Thanks in advance.
jk73 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion