Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marty1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
England
If I purchase a song through iTunes on my laptop, intended for my iPod, I find it already downloaded onto my iPad.

How can I stop this? I have different songs for different devices.

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
If I purchase a song through iTunes on my laptop, intended for my iPod, I find it already downloaded onto my iPad.

How can I stop this? I have different songs for different devices.

Go into Settings on the iPad, tap iTunes and App stores, and from there you can disable (or enable) automatic downloads.

Hope that helps!

----------

Shouldn't the purchase of a song on iTunes allow you to put it on as many of your own devices as you like???

Yes, it does, but that was not his question.

marty1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
England
Thanks mate!

I thought as much, but when I attempted to turn it off yesterday by going through the iTunes/App Store settings, it just showed my email address, and would only let me interact with that. At the time I was having issues 'connecting to the iTunes store', but since I changed the date and back again, I can connect - weird, hey?

And since am able to connect to the iTunes store again, the other settings are showing up, so I've disabled automatic downloads. I didn't realise that those settings only appeared when you were connected to the iTunes store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.