Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:21 PM   #26
iceterminal
macrumors 68000
 
iceterminal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas Tx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
That's not the same person we all got our unlocks from.
And that's not his site.
Go through eBay.
AJ turned me on to them via ebay as well. Worked fantastic for both iPhone 4 units we had. Took about 5 hours each.
__________________
The amount of material possessions one owns should not qualify them as a successful or just person.

The only worth these items have is the one you give them.
iceterminal is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 02:06 PM   #27
erratikmind
macrumors 6502a
 
erratikmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: S.F./Las Vegas
Please excuse me, if I appear to be out of step, which I probably am. I have a new iP5 on AT&T. I have been on the same service since the late 1980s, albeit the service providers have changed names more than a few times. What are the benefit(s) for me, if I were to unlock my phone, if any?
erratikmind is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 02:14 PM   #28
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erratikmind View Post
Please excuse me, if I appear to be out of step, which I probably am. I have a new iP5 on AT&T. I have been on the same service since the late 1980s, albeit the service providers have changed names more than a few times. What are the benefit(s) for me, if I were to unlock my phone, if any?
You can use it with any GSM provider if you ever decide to leave. Use it outside the US with local sims if you travel. Be able to sell it easier, faster and for a little more money in the future if its officially unlocked.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 02:24 PM   #29
erratikmind
macrumors 6502a
 
erratikmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: S.F./Las Vegas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
You can use it with any GSM provider if you ever decide to leave. Use it outside the US with local sims if you travel. Be able to sell it easier, faster and for a little more money in the future if its officially unlocked.
Thank you. I have noticed reading about this practice in the past. I just simply never really gave it much thought. This is quite interesting.
erratikmind is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 02:54 PM   #30
Six8
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
I'm selling my phone on eBay. Should I do this beforehand?
Six8 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:18 PM   #31
psywzrd
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I agree that unlock_fusion is quick to unlock but they absolutely do not respond to any kind of questions. I had issues with one of my unlocks and I went through all of their troubleshooting steps and still had a problem. Several emails to them and I never got a response.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
You can use it with any GSM provider if you ever decide to leave. Use it outside the US with local sims if you travel. Be able to sell it easier, faster and for a little more money in the future if its officially unlocked.
I have to wonder if this is really going to add resale value now that unlocks are so cheap. I guess if these cheap unlocks go away, it will certainly add value since you won't be able to get the phone unlocked unless you're off contract. Plus they're so cheap that you'd be a fool to not give it a shot for a few bucks, right?

I've been wondering if I can now use a T-Mobile sim (or a sim from another US carrier?) for tethering. I have unlimited data with AT&T and I'm not sure I want to risk losing it by tethering. If I can pop in a t-mobile sim and buy some kind of cheap pre-paid option with data for when I travel, it would be nice to be able to tether with that.
psywzrd is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:25 PM   #32
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
I have to wonder if this is really going to add resale value now that unlocks are so cheap. I guess if these cheap unlocks go away, it will certainly add value since you won't be able to get the phone unlocked unless you're off contract. Plus they're so cheap that you'd be a fool to not give it a shot for a few bucks, right?

I've been wondering if I can now use a T-Mobile sim (or a sim from another US carrier?) for tethering. I have unlimited data with AT&T and I'm not sure I want to risk losing it by tethering. If I can pop in a t-mobile sim and buy some kind of cheap pre-paid option with data for when I travel, it would be nice to be able to tether with that.
I hear what you're saying.
If it doesnt add much value in the future it will still make the phone more desirable and easier to sell IMO. Not everyone knows about these 3rd party imei unlocks and not everyone gets so technical with iphones or cellphones in general to know the ins and outs like we do here. They just want to get a phone that will work when they stick their sim in and that's what you'd be selling.
About tethering you are right that if AT&T detects it at least they will give you a warning before they remove your unlimited data plan.
With Tmobile not sure if it will work out of the box without a JB. But again if you dont reside in one of their few refarmed locations that get 3G service on tmobile with iphones then what is the point of trying to tether using 2G data?
That would be painfull
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:25 PM   #33
j.dstasio
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
The link you posted is not the same outfit that comes highly recommended here. Iíd be willing to bet you got scammed.

http://stores.ebay.com/unlockfusion is a great seller and has unlocked several iPhones for me. Itís always quick and Iíve never had a problem.
__________________
 A good mix of both black and white gadgets.
j.dstasio is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:30 PM   #34
jk4lebron23
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville,TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Givmeabrek View Post
That website might be a scam.
They want $20.

Unlock fusion on ebay only wants $5. It worked great for me.
your signature is exactly what a think when people whine about no sim tool...how hard is it to use a paper clip or sewing needle?
__________________
13" MacBook aluminum body120 GB iPod classicGold 64gb iPhone 5SBlack 64GB iPad mini wifi27" IMac
jk4lebron23 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:40 PM   #35
psywzrd
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
With Tmobile not sure if it will work out of the box without a JB. But again if you dont reside in one of their few refarmed locations that get 3G service on tmobile with iphones then what is the point of trying to tether using 2G data?
That would be painfull
This is very true. I guess I could try it out myself since I do have a T-Mobile sim. I'd have to activate though and I'd only want to activate it on some type of really cheap plan to try it out.
psywzrd is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:46 PM   #36
compwiz1202
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk4lebron23 View Post
your signature is exactly what a think when people whine about no sim tool...how hard is it to use a paper clip or sewing needle?
My one screwdriver kit has one that is the perfect size and sturdiness to open the sim door easily.
__________________
Thanks,
Matt Arnold
compwiz1202 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 04:34 PM   #37
TroyBoy30
macrumors 65816
 
TroyBoy30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qoo View Post
click on the link below and key in the information and check unlock history, it might already unlocked and they just didn't send you the unlock confirmation e-mail.

http://ebay.unlockfusion.net/#get-form

i had experience for 2 of my iPhone 5.

So far, i unlocked at least 15 iPhone 5's with no problem at all
Quick question. When you log in and click get codes, should it give you an actual code? Mine simply gives me a message saying your phone is now unlocked connect to iTunes etc
TroyBoy30 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 04:39 PM   #38
psywzrd
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
Quick question. When you log in and click get codes, should it give you an actual code? Mine simply gives me a message saying your phone is now unlocked connect to iTunes etc
That's all you need - you don't need any code.
psywzrd is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 05:55 PM   #39
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
Quick question. When you log in and click get codes, should it give you an actual code? Mine simply gives me a message saying your phone is now unlocked connect to iTunes etc
There is no code.
The only info he needs is your imei number and then the phone is unlocked.
You don't get or enter any codes anywhere.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 06:23 PM   #40
monkeydodo3
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
OP you ordered from the wrong one.
__________________
iPhone 4 16GB Black Carrier Unlocked
monkeydodo3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 08:54 PM   #41
Qoo
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
Quick question. When you log in and click get codes, should it give you an actual code? Mine simply gives me a message saying your phone is now unlocked connect to iTunes etc
the code is (UNLOCKED) when you see this code that means your device is unlocked, simply just restore from iTunes then you should see the unlocked message
__________________
6 Plus 64GB Silver | 5S 16GB Gold | 5 16GB Black | 4S 16GB White | 4 32GB Black
iPad 3 16GB Black | iPad 2 32GB White
MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz Core i5 OS X Mavericks
Qoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 09:25 PM   #42
trungthiendo
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
update to this

this unlock fusion.com isn't the same as the ones you guys have been using online.

but they did unlock it finally today, i tried restoring this morning and it did not work, i just restored it now and it is finally unlocked

so i guess it is legit. They just don't answer emails or anything and pretty much non existent customer service

i guess i am sort of satisfied since i got my unlock.
__________________
13" MacBook Pro (Mid 09) 2.26ghz, 4GB, 160GB HD
32GB iPhone 3G[S]
Lenovo S10 NetBook with OS X 10.6.1
trungthiendo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:07 PM   #43
yousafawan
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I Phone Unlock

Please check status of iphone at following website
http://www.swiftunlocks.net/iphone_widget/iphone.php

that will tell you what is the status of unlock.

at time the apple servers are down so try to restore it now
yousafawan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:49 PM   #44
kmichalec
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
I agree that unlock_fusion is quick to unlock but they absolutely do not respond to any kind of questions. I had issues with one of my unlocks and I went through all of their troubleshooting steps and still had a problem. Several emails to them and I never got a response.
Strange. I emailed a question to them at 8am this past monday, and got a personal response from them by 10am the same day. Unsure why you didn't get a response.
__________________
iPhone 5, 64GB, TMo, Black; iPhone 5, 16GB, TMo, Black
iPhone 4S, 64GB, White, Used as iPod
2 @ iPad Mini WiFi 32GB, Black; 1 iPad3 WiFi + 4G, 64GB, Verizon, Black
kmichalec is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:45 AM   #45
ZipZap
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
They seem to respond to sales related questions quickly, and anything else....never.
ZipZap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:50 AM   #46
reidpa01
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Unlock Fusion Lengthy Delays

I purchased a AT&T 36-hr unlock code for an iPhone 3GS on Jan 20, 2013 and it has been over a week now. I haven't received any responses to my enquiries and the order status still says "Processing..." The site I purchased from was unlockfusion.com. Is this a scam?
reidpa01 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:56 AM   #47
jeep92
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidpa01 View Post
I purchased a AT&T 36-hr unlock code for an iPhone 3GS on Jan 20, 2013 and it has been over a week now. I haven't received any responses to my enquiries and the order status still says "Processing..." The site I purchased from was unlockfusion.com. Is this a scam?
Did you not read at all?
jeep92 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:00 PM   #48
reidpa01
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep92 View Post
Did you not read at all?
What do you mean?
reidpa01 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:08 PM   #49
barkomatic
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manhattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidpa01 View Post
What do you mean?
The website unlockfusion.com is not the same entity as the seller on ebay with the username unlock_fusion.
barkomatic is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:06 PM   #50
reidpa01
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
The website unlockfusion.com is not the same entity as the seller on ebay with the username unlock_fusion.
Thanks for the clarification.
reidpa01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unlock fusion slow/not working? Swiftunlocks pulls AT&T iPhone unlock service down? iredrock iPhone 100 Aug 31, 2014 04:19 PM
unlock fusion unlock on 4S, now locked ratbrain iPhone 20 Sep 30, 2013 01:24 PM
Unlock fusion taking too long to unlock? marcelo4527 iPhone 88 May 2, 2013 08:48 AM
Will I lose my unlock from unlock fusion if I Jailbreak my iPhone 5? Myiphone7 iPhone 7 Mar 29, 2013 01:03 AM
Unlock Fusion iphone unlock problem cpatel20 iPhone 3 Nov 17, 2012 12:44 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC