Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:21 PM   #26
iceterminal
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
That's not the same person we all got our unlocks from.
And that's not his site.
Go through eBay.
AJ turned me on to them via ebay as well. Worked fantastic for both iPhone 4 units we had. Took about 5 hours each.

The only worth these items have is the one you give them.
iceterminal is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 02:06 PM   #27
erratikmind
macrumors 6502a

Please excuse me, if I appear to be out of step, which I probably am. I have a new iP5 on AT&T. I have been on the same service since the late 1980s, albeit the service providers have changed names more than a few times. What are the benefit(s) for me, if I were to unlock my phone, if any?
erratikmind is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 02:14 PM   #28
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by erratikmind View Post
Please excuse me, if I appear to be out of step, which I probably am. I have a new iP5 on AT&T. I have been on the same service since the late 1980s, albeit the service providers have changed names more than a few times. What are the benefit(s) for me, if I were to unlock my phone, if any?
You can use it with any GSM provider if you ever decide to leave. Use it outside the US with local sims if you travel. Be able to sell it easier, faster and for a little more money in the future if its officially unlocked.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 02:24 PM   #29
erratikmind
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
You can use it with any GSM provider if you ever decide to leave. Use it outside the US with local sims if you travel. Be able to sell it easier, faster and for a little more money in the future if its officially unlocked.
Thank you. I have noticed reading about this practice in the past. I just simply never really gave it much thought. This is quite interesting.
erratikmind is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 02:54 PM   #30
Six8
macrumors 6502a

I'm selling my phone on eBay. Should I do this beforehand?
Six8 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:18 PM   #31
psywzrd
macrumors 68030

I agree that unlock_fusion is quick to unlock but they absolutely do not respond to any kind of questions. I had issues with one of my unlocks and I went through all of their troubleshooting steps and still had a problem. Several emails to them and I never got a response.

----------

Quote:
I have to wonder if this is really going to add resale value now that unlocks are so cheap. I guess if these cheap unlocks go away, it will certainly add value since you won't be able to get the phone unlocked unless you're off contract. Plus they're so cheap that you'd be a fool to not give it a shot for a few bucks, right?

I've been wondering if I can now use a T-Mobile sim (or a sim from another US carrier?) for tethering. I have unlimited data with AT&T and I'm not sure I want to risk losing it by tethering. If I can pop in a t-mobile sim and buy some kind of cheap pre-paid option with data for when I travel, it would be nice to be able to tether with that.
psywzrd is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:25 PM   #32
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
I have to wonder if this is really going to add resale value now that unlocks are so cheap. I guess if these cheap unlocks go away, it will certainly add value since you won't be able to get the phone unlocked unless you're off contract. Plus they're so cheap that you'd be a fool to not give it a shot for a few bucks, right?

I've been wondering if I can now use a T-Mobile sim (or a sim from another US carrier?) for tethering. I have unlimited data with AT&T and I'm not sure I want to risk losing it by tethering. If I can pop in a t-mobile sim and buy some kind of cheap pre-paid option with data for when I travel, it would be nice to be able to tether with that.
I hear what you're saying.
If it doesnt add much value in the future it will still make the phone more desirable and easier to sell IMO. Not everyone knows about these 3rd party imei unlocks and not everyone gets so technical with iphones or cellphones in general to know the ins and outs like we do here. They just want to get a phone that will work when they stick their sim in and that's what you'd be selling.
About tethering you are right that if AT&T detects it at least they will give you a warning before they remove your unlimited data plan.
With Tmobile not sure if it will work out of the box without a JB. But again if you dont reside in one of their few refarmed locations that get 3G service on tmobile with iphones then what is the point of trying to tether using 2G data?
That would be painfull
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:25 PM   #33
j.dstasio
macrumors 6502

The link you posted is not the same outfit that comes highly recommended here. Iíd be willing to bet you got scammed.

http://stores.ebay.com/unlockfusion is a great seller and has unlocked several iPhones for me. Itís always quick and Iíve never had a problem.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:30 PM   #34
jk4lebron23
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givmeabrek View Post
That website might be a scam.
They want $20.

Unlock fusion on ebay only wants $5. It worked great for me.
your signature is exactly what a think when people whine about no sim tool...how hard is it to use a paper clip or sewing needle?
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:40 PM   #35
psywzrd
macrumors 68030

Quote:
With Tmobile not sure if it will work out of the box without a JB. But again if you dont reside in one of their few refarmed locations that get 3G service on tmobile with iphones then what is the point of trying to tether using 2G data?
That would be painfull
This is very true. I guess I could try it out myself since I do have a T-Mobile sim. I'd have to activate though and I'd only want to activate it on some type of really cheap plan to try it out.
psywzrd is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:46 PM   #36
compwiz1202
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk4lebron23 View Post
your signature is exactly what a think when people whine about no sim tool...how hard is it to use a paper clip or sewing needle?
My one screwdriver kit has one that is the perfect size and sturdiness to open the sim door easily.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 04:34 PM   #37
TroyBoy30
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qoo View Post
click on the link below and key in the information and check unlock history, it might already unlocked and they just didn't send you the unlock confirmation e-mail.

http://ebay.unlockfusion.net/#get-form

i had experience for 2 of my iPhone 5.

So far, i unlocked at least 15 iPhone 5's with no problem at all
Quick question. When you log in and click get codes, should it give you an actual code? Mine simply gives me a message saying your phone is now unlocked connect to iTunes etc
TroyBoy30 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 04:39 PM   #38
psywzrd
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
Quick question. When you log in and click get codes, should it give you an actual code? Mine simply gives me a message saying your phone is now unlocked connect to iTunes etc
That's all you need - you don't need any code.
psywzrd is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 05:55 PM   #39
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
There is no code.
The only info he needs is your imei number and then the phone is unlocked.
You don't get or enter any codes anywhere.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 06:23 PM   #40
monkeydodo3
macrumors member

OP you ordered from the wrong one.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 08:54 PM   #41
Qoo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
the code is (UNLOCKED) when you see this code that means your device is unlocked, simply just restore from iTunes then you should see the unlocked message
Qoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 09:25 PM   #42
trungthiendo
macrumors regular

update to this

this unlock fusion.com isn't the same as the ones you guys have been using online.

but they did unlock it finally today, i tried restoring this morning and it did not work, i just restored it now and it is finally unlocked

so i guess it is legit. They just don't answer emails or anything and pretty much non existent customer service

i guess i am sort of satisfied since i got my unlock.
trungthiendo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:07 PM   #43
yousafawan
macrumors newbie

I Phone Unlock

Please check status of iphone at following website
http://www.swiftunlocks.net/iphone_widget/iphone.php

that will tell you what is the status of unlock.

at time the apple servers are down so try to restore it now
yousafawan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:49 PM   #44
kmichalec
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
I agree that unlock_fusion is quick to unlock but they absolutely do not respond to any kind of questions. I had issues with one of my unlocks and I went through all of their troubleshooting steps and still had a problem. Several emails to them and I never got a response.
Strange. I emailed a question to them at 8am this past monday, and got a personal response from them by 10am the same day. Unsure why you didn't get a response.
kmichalec is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:45 AM   #45
ZipZap
macrumors 68040

They seem to respond to sales related questions quickly, and anything else....never.
ZipZap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:50 AM   #46
reidpa01
macrumors newbie

Unlock Fusion Lengthy Delays

I purchased a AT&T 36-hr unlock code for an iPhone 3GS on Jan 20, 2013 and it has been over a week now. I haven't received any responses to my enquiries and the order status still says "Processing..." The site I purchased from was unlockfusion.com. Is this a scam?
reidpa01 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:56 AM   #47
jeep92
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidpa01 View Post
I purchased a AT&T 36-hr unlock code for an iPhone 3GS on Jan 20, 2013 and it has been over a week now. I haven't received any responses to my enquiries and the order status still says "Processing..." The site I purchased from was unlockfusion.com. Is this a scam?
Did you not read at all?
jeep92 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:00 PM   #48
reidpa01
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep92 View Post
Did you not read at all?
What do you mean?
reidpa01 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:08 PM   #49
barkomatic
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidpa01 View Post
What do you mean?
The website unlockfusion.com is not the same entity as the seller on ebay with the username unlock_fusion.
barkomatic is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:06 PM   #50
reidpa01
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
The website unlockfusion.com is not the same entity as the seller on ebay with the username unlock_fusion.
Thanks for the clarification.
reidpa01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone