Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:07 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Next Round of iPhone 5 Launches Coming October 26 with India and Malaysia?

BGR.in reports that Apple is planning to launch the iPhone 5 in India on October 26, moving rapidly to make the device available in one of the world's largest markets but one in which Apple has not yet gained significant traction.
Quote:
Multiple sources have confirmed to us that Apple is preparing to launch the iPhone 5 in India on the last Friday of this month, which happens to be October 26. As we had exclusively reported earlier, Apple will be distributing the iPhone 5 in India on its own rather than relying on its carrier partners.

We expect the iPhone 5 to have a wider availability unlike the past where it was not available readily everywhere.
This report is not the first time an October 26 launch in Asia has been mentioned, as The Malay Mail reported last month that the iPhone 5 would be coming to Malaysia on that date, pending stock availability.
Quote:
"If orders remain within projections made by Apple by Sept 30, the Oct 26 launch date in Malaysia together with several other countries will remain," noted an industry source.

"Should there be a shortfall in available supplies, the Malaysian launch date could get pushed to sometime in November."
Despite tight supplies, Apple has moved rapidly to launch the iPhone 5 in markets around the world, launching in nine countries on September 21 and following that with debuts in 22 more countries just one week later. Apple has announced that it intends to make the iPhone 5 available in at least 100 countries by the end of the year.

Article Link: Next Round of iPhone 5 Launches Coming October 26 with India and Malaysia?
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:08 AM   #2
gregwyattjr
macrumors regular

Glad I live in 'Murica.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:10 AM   #3
pposthoorn
macrumors member

That's great, then the iPhone 5 can be unavailable there as well...

Shouldn't they at least try to overcome the current mountain of back orders?
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:12 AM   #4
shanmugam
macrumors 68020

very expensive

glad apple is directly bringing it to India

but full priced iPhone 5 way expensive over there and too much currency conversion also - similar to UK pricing.
shanmugam is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:12 AM   #5
vmachiel
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by pposthoorn View Post
That's great, then the iPhone 5 can be unavailable there as well...

Shouldn't they at least try to overcome the current mountain of back orders?
Nah, now people all over the world can preorder-->money
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:12 AM   #6
FieldingMellish
macrumors 6502a

Looks like I have a long wait ahead of me, wanting to walk into a store that contains sufficient stock and to buy one and walk out; preferably a phone that was't rushed out at Foxconn.
FieldingMellish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:17 AM   #7
Confuzzzed
macrumors 68000

At first I didn't think it was an improvement on the 4S but having had it for a couple of weeks now, I wouldn't go back. And I loved the 4S
Confuzzzed is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:19 AM   #8
RVdave
macrumors member

Great, maybe the waiting list will be shorter there than it is here in California! Where do I sign up?
RVdave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:25 AM   #9
silversx
macrumors regular

really? wtf are they going to launch.. they don't even have a phone to fulfill my order from almost 30 days ago... launch deeznutz apple..
silversx is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:28 AM   #10
kingtj
macrumors 68000

Send a message via ICQ to kingtj
Same situation here....

I started a new job just after the iPhone 5 launched. They promised me they'd order me one since they were issuing all new employees iPhones as standard practice anyway. (I said why order me a 4s when the 5 is just coming out?)

Well, still waiting with no shipping date from AT&T in sight.... Meanwhile, other co-workers are walking around with their 5's they got just by walking into a local Apple store early enough in the morning. It's really kind of insulting. I mean, why bother with a pre-order if they won't even fulfill them while they sell more new phones to people off the street in the meantime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversx View Post
really? wtf are they going to launch.. they don't even have a phone to fulfill my order from almost 30 days ago... launch deeznutz apple..
kingtj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:29 AM   #11
Fishticks
macrumors regular

Apple are do-gooders to sell their great products outside of the US, or even in some states.
Fishticks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:30 AM   #12
nick_elt
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmachiel View Post
Nah, now people all over the world can preorder-->money
i pre ordered my iphone 5 but then i finally cancelled it to get the new one x+. pre orders dont neccesarily = money. if the phone was sent to me within a week thats what i would be playing with right now and apple would have one more customer. its pointless opening up more regions if there is no region without a back order. phones in stock + order = money.
nick_elt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:30 AM   #13
STiNG Operation
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldingMellish View Post
Looks like I have a long wait ahead of me, wanting to walk into a store that contains sufficient stock and to buy one and walk out; preferably a phone that was't rushed out at Foxconn.
I would like to see a statistic on how many iPhone's were released with defects/problems from each distributor. This could really put the "complaints" in perspective.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:31 AM   #14
winston1236
macrumors 65816

Short answer? Its good business.
winston1236 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:32 AM   #15
franciscosjb
macrumors newbie

Also mexico!!!

Life here began Out There
franciscosjb is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:34 AM   #16
richmds
macrumors regular

Hmm same time I am expecting my back/pre-order. Dont know if this is good, they are ramping up supplies and have plenty, or bad my order gets pushed because supplies are limited.
richmds is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:34 AM   #17
iphoneclassic
macrumors 6502

Is IP5 sold in India/Malaysia factory unlocked?
iphoneclassic is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:34 AM   #18
nick_elt
macrumors 68000

if its going on back order like every other market why dont they just open it up to the world on launch day
nick_elt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:37 AM   #19
xxgilxx
macrumors regular

Good for you India and that other country..
xxgilxx is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:50 AM   #20
prhammer
macrumors newbie

Kleenex Box

This is kind of non-sequitor, but I've been noticing this since the iPhone 5 came out. I'm a big fan of Apple's packaging, but am I the only one who thinks that their iPhone 5 box looks like a box of Kleenex when you first glance at the image? The way they have the phone angled to show off it's slim design looks very similar in shape to the opening on a Kleenex box.
prhammer is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:51 AM   #21
Mr Fusion
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxgilxx View Post
Good for you India and that other country..
Malaysia is a beautiful country, look beyond Zoolander and Entrapment.
Mr Fusion is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:51 AM   #22
gregwyattjr
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzzed View Post
At first I didn't think it was an improvement on the 4S
What aspect of this phone made you think it WOULDN'T be an improvement?
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:51 AM   #23
KdParker
macrumors 68040

Please pay the workers fairly....

Can't afford any stopages now.
KdParker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:51 AM   #24
coder12
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzzed View Post
At first I didn't think it was an improvement on the 4S but having had it for a couple of weeks now, I wouldn't go back. And I loved the 4S
I still have my 4S (locked in on contracts) but I wish I could upgrade. I'm incredibly surprised at the entire design of the 5 and how well it fits in the hand.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:51 AM   #25
ineedamac
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtj View Post
I started a new job just after the iPhone 5 launched. They promised me they'd order me one since they were issuing all new employees iPhones as standard practice anyway. (I said why order me a 4s when the 5 is just coming out?)

Well, still waiting with no shipping date from AT&T in sight.... Meanwhile, other co-workers are walking around with their 5's they got just by walking into a local Apple store early enough in the morning. It's really kind of insulting. I mean, why bother with a pre-order if they won't even fulfill them while they sell more new phones to people off the street in the meantime?
I agree. I am waiting and waiting for my pre-order through my company. It sucks that I have to wait while others I work with that are not on the company's plan have already received their iPhone 5.
ineedamac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion