Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannnyh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
Manchester, UK
I've used my Ipod (6gb mini) as a hard drive to move lots of files from my old PC to my new Ibook. The thing is, now I've moved everything across and deleted the files off my ipod but it's saying the availible space is only 1.6gb but my itunes is only using 2.3gb. I dont understand whats taking up the space.

Have I messed something up???? :confused:

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
Have you emptied the trash yet or ejected and remounted the iPod. The files won't be truly deleted, and space restored, until you do that.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
Well if you have deleted everything and have all of your music in iTunes just use the latest iPod software updater to restore your iPod to factory defaults. It will format it and make it good as new.

dannnyh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
Manchester, UK
Yippy, Can that be done without being online for the update?? I've got no internet connection for my ibook yet and this is a work computer i'm using so cant use it for down loads?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
You don't have to be online to restore the iPod but you may need to download the latest software online.

Umm... Why am I replying if you're not going to be online to check my reply in the first place? If a tree falls in the forest and it's mad, would it be Jewish too? I'm just going to go back to bed now. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.