Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bina12834

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
So every so often my App Store will show a notification that theres an update for an app that i have. I go into the updates section and theres nothing there. Its not until i kill the App Store and then relaunch it that the update apprears. This only started with iOS 6.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
For instance just now I checked for an update, said none, killed it, there's two.

Damn one was citibank but it's optimized for iPhone 5 and still with letter boxes! Outstanding!

Joesmith13245

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
I have this issue right now. The icon shows I have 1 update. When I click on the icon to see what app it says all apps updated.

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Close App Store. Make sure it's closed from tray too.

Go to Settings, advance the date by a year.

Open App Store.

Multi-task to Settings again, and undo what you did with the date (turn on automatic time)

Back to App Store. Should be set to go.

If this doesn't fix it, then (this is a pain in the ass) search for all your apps one by one until you get an option to update one of them from the App page itself.

If neither of these work, then I dunno.

TreoRenegade

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
FYI: iPad 2/ iOS 6: App Store working as of Monday early morning Eastern, mostly. Featured, Charts, Genius and Search -- all working as expected. But Purchased still prompts a crash.

(Oddly, the same hassles on the iPhone 5 disappeared last week. Looks like Apple programmers finally found/bought a clue.)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Even with the slowness of the new app store, the somewhat clunky horizontal view design, the lack of various options that used to be there (gifting, sorting reviews, etc.), the fact that new updates aren't checked for simply whenever you visit the update tab in the app--as used to be the case all the time until this latest update to the app store--is rather annoying.

It's nice that it seems the app will check for and notify you of updates somewhat more regularly and/or reliably on its own, but (short of having a considerable amount of time pass since the last update check) not being able to manually check for them without having to quit the app from the app switcher tray or by force quitting it each time is a step backwards, especially since this functionality has previously been there for quite a while now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.