Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Does the screen not fitting the 5 for that app made people use the web for YouTube videos? Or hasn't it made s difference to your viewing?

Bigserver1

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
I downloaded "Jasmine" and it's WAY better than the youtube app for iOS. Full screen vids, will continue playing music if you exit the app and start doing something else, and just a much better experience overall.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Wow just downloaded jasmine.. Impressive

Wonder when YouTube updates their app

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
for the time being, i use web app because youtube's app sucks because it's still not supporting the longer screen.

what is jasmine? is it a youtube player too? might check that out.

close2reality

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
Jasmine is pretty impressive but anyone else notice theres restrictions on alot of artists music? Wont stream over Jasmine.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
I like the YouTube app interface, but I noticed that you can't do something that I would do frequently through YouTube on Safari which was that I would play a video, lock the phone while the video was playing (which would stop the video), and I could double tap the home button and press the play button to resume the audio. This would allow me to listen to a song on YouTube while my phone was locked.

You can't do this anymore through the YouTube app though, and you also can't play videos in full screen on the iPhone 5 without the black borders which sucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.