Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cameljockey

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
I was at 1% or so then charged it.

1 hour later (or actually even less) I got a message and went to check it and it was at 100%.

orange42

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
haha...I was thinking the same thing. Hard to plug a 30-pin connector into a lightning jack...

One USB end comes out, another goes in...

Mine takes well over an hour. I still think mine might take longer than most. Seems to start out fast then end up charging slow the rest of the way.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I've noticed the i5 charges very fast.

However (and this could totally be my imagination) it seems like a "soft" charge and the battery runs down much faster than when I charge all night.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
They use different connectors ...

Ha, ha, I just switch the cables but use the same charger. Simple. :D

----------

This isn't entirely true, the iPhone will only draw 5W despite the 10W iPad charger. It still charges though.

My iPhone 5 charges really fast as well.

I have no way to measure the current draw but the charge time is much faster with the iPad charger. You may want to rethink your numbers. :cool:

richpuer

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2010
When mine is full after one hour for some reason it seems like it drains faster than if I were to charge it and leave it all night long

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
When mine is full after one hour for some reason it seems like it drains faster than if I were to charge it and leave it all night long

That's pretty typical of any charger. After 90 to 95 percent the charger indicates full charge. It then goes into a trickle mode and leaving on all night will give it the 100% charge.

alexnewtron

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Well, I charge my phone for 30 minutes and its about 50% so I guess you would be right. Haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.