Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
Hi

I have a white Unibody macbook 2010 model I think. With a silver palmguard protector. I have noticed that the top lid may not be closing fully. In terms of there being a gap between the top and bottom case when they close. It sounds normal but hopefully the pictures explain. The top case seems to be slightly shorter or the bottom case slightly longer.

Should I book a genius bar appointment ? I have Applecare by the way .

Thanks

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 40

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It seems odd that it would be happening. Perhaps there's some heat issue causing warping? You'll have to report back with their assessment of the issue.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Personally I don't think such a thing really matters - It doesn't affect performance, and unless you examine it closely you probably wouldn't notice it, therefore it doesn't do much to stunt the aesthetic appeal. And if it gets worse, or something major comes of it, you've still got a fair bit of time left on AppleCare - At least till the end of the year :)

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
It seems odd that it would be happening. Perhaps there's some heat issue causing warping? You'll have to report back with their assessment of the issue.

Do you see anything from the pictures ? Or me just being pedantic ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.