Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:15 PM   #1
hunterheath33
macrumors regular

1GB of mobile data per month for android smartphone

All I do is email, chat, Facebook twitter and browse the web. No streaming and no YouTube when off of wifi. What do you think?
hunterheath33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:20 PM   #2
MacRumorUser
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterheath33 View Post
All I do is email, chat, Facebook twitter and browse the web. No streaming and no YouTube when off of wifi. What do you think?
More than enough i would have thought.

I have 2GB plan but use it pretty much exactly as you describe above, with added photos being uploaded to Fb & Twitter and rarely go over 100mb in the month. (3 email accounts set to push. Odd bit of tune-in radio when walking the dogs.)

Last edited by MacRumorUser; Oct 10, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
MacRumorUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:41 PM   #3
3bs
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumorUser View Post
More than enough i would have thought.

I have 2GB plan but use it pretty much exactly as you describe above, with added photos being uploaded to Fb & Twitter and rarely go over 100mb in the month.
That's pretty low usage. I've never really monitored mine but I'm sure it's a couple gigs a month at least.

OP it kind of depends on how often you'll be using data but as you can see it's manageable as long as you're not on your phone all day long and not connected to wifi.
3bs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:50 PM   #4
MacRumorUser
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bs View Post
That's pretty low usage. I've never really monitored mine but I'm sure it's a couple gigs a month at least.

OP it kind of depends on how often you'll be using data but as you can see it's manageable as long as you're not on your phone all day long and not connected to wifi.
Yeah it's always surprised me how little data I use, but maybe its because i'm in a wifi environment more than not ? Or that vodafone just simply can't read my data access correctly, which after listening to tunein radio for 30 minutes and uploading couple of photos, ends up showing only around 20mb use, i'm guessing they aren't reading the usage accurately..
MacRumorUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:33 PM   #5
blackhand1001
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterheath33 View Post
I am a pretty heavy user and I only use around 500mb per month and thats with a few speed tests. I also downloaded a big 140mb file over mobile data so thats the large portion of the browser usage. I have found that android is a lot more data efficient than iOS. I have an unlimited plan so I am not conserving my usage either. This is my usage on a routine basis.

Heres my history for my browser usage. As you can see the download I did was the majority of my usage. If I had downloaded that large file my usage would have been under 300mb total for the everything this month.
Moto X Dev Edition (VZW) Nexus 7

Last edited by blackhand1001; Oct 10, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
blackhand1001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices