Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OliverOSX93

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Accrington
Okay. I got home form college today to find that my gran had moved (and evicerated in the process) the box that had all my powermac G5 parts in (I'm repairing it as a weekend project)

She has managed to lose all 8 of the 2.7 LCS screws and spill some of the corrosive liquid coolant on the new power supply I bought. (Should have sealed the unit when I took the o-rings out I know) she also managed to lose an envelope that had other screws in it (but I think most of those landed in the box)

Anyone have any idea where I can get replacement screws or should I just scrap the project, accept my losses and ring apple support to see if they will recycle this hunk of junk? :(

drorpheus

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2010
don't worry, you can find all of the screws you lost on fleabay.

here's a link to the 8 Standoff screws that are for the processor

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=powermac+standoff&_sacat=0&_from=R40

here's a mixed thing of G5 screws, which has the motherboard black screws with washer and the power supply screws on the bottom, although the standoff screws in that one are for the 2003 models and won't work for your 2.7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Mac-G...304?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27cb31ae68

just search ebay for Powermac g5 or Apple G5 screws, and Apple G5 Standoff screws.

OliverOSX93

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Accrington
Done some searching.

Okay, I did some searching and I managed to find most of the screws. The only ones I am still missing are the ones that connect the little metal plates to the liquid cooling unit (where the o-rings sit.)

If anyone knows where to buy them could you post a link and if you happen to have some you're willing to sell please drop me a PM. I'll be eternally grateful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.