Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dipm06

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
The title says it all. I don't have an Apple Store when I live, and I might be getting my new Retina Macbook Pro replaced. How much does it cost to ship stuff back to Apple. I'm curious because, as a student, I don't have to much money. I know that shipping costs can sometimes add up due to heavy weight and insurance and all that.

Any input would be awesome!

dipm06

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
If you can afford a Macbook Pro, you should be able to cover shipping.

Though I (kind of) understand what you're saying, I'd like responses that actually answer the question. The Macbook Pro already stretched my budget.

dipm06

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
It should be prepaid by apple if you are talking about shipping back in regards to AppleCare issues

----------

That's a relief. Glad to know that the premium of Apple is backed up by their service. I've been having the most horrible experience with te rMBP trackpad and hope to get it all sorted out soon. Thanks for the response!

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Its free. Furthermore, the delivery company will pick it up at your place, you don't have to bring it anywhere. Apple has one of the best consumer services around ;)

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Free 99 for any service they're doing to the machine, though I'm not sure if it's just a straight return...should be the same.

----------

If you can afford a Macbook Pro, you should be able to cover shipping.

If you can afford the internet you should be able to cover civility.

tcphoto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
Madison, GA
Call AppleCare and discuss the problems you're having, if they accept the return they will send a shipping box and pay the cost.

nanolife

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2011
Pasadena
In Brazil for example it costs nothing, I called Applecare after a week to replace my first rMBP and they sent someone to pick it up at my house, 2 days after I called them.

Outkast27

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2012
Earf
It should be prepaid by apple if you are talking about shipping back in regards to AppleCare issues

----------

This helps nobody. Why did you even post?

I was trying out the "if you can't beat em join em" tactic. Some of the people on this forum always have something ridiculous and unhelpful to comment on.I was just trying it on for size, Bad joke.

theineffablebob

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
That's a relief. Glad to know that the premium of Apple is backed up by their service. I've been having the most horrible experience with te rMBP trackpad and hope to get it all sorted out soon. Thanks for the response!

Almost every major computer company will send you a prepaid box if you have warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.