Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

falconman515

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
My iPhone 5 shows the little 1 badge on the email app and when I go into it (I have 4 different emails) it shows my work email via Microsoft Exchange as having 1 new email.

But when I go into it there is no new email to be found?!?!?

I do not like having the badges on my email nor my phone telling me I have a new email ... I check it a lot during the day for work and I will contently be going into it thinking I have a new email and there be nothing.

Anyone had this issue before and how do I remedy this issue?

Tj13

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2012
Same issue here. First time it happened I deleted the account and then set it up again, that cleared it.
It happend a second time, I believe it happened after I searched for an older email not on the phone. I have outlook save a copy in specific folders, those will show as unread on my desktop. I marked ALL of them as read and it still did not clear the iPhone. I show 49 emails unread in the phone inbox and can't find them. I'll look into for a bit longer before I delete and setup again. Any reason/answers would help.....

stock28

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2012
Mine does this with deleted e mails. They are gone but still shows there are 4 in the deleted folder. Folder is also empty if I log in through the internet. this is through hotmail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.