Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tmgarvey

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
South Jersey
Hi, sorry if this is discussed elsewhere, search is down right now.

I bought the InvisibleShield Extreme (Case Friendly), and although I've successfully installed the original on numerous devices, I had some trouble with this one. Incidentally, I only installed last night, so I am waiting to see how the cloudiness under the screen resolves).

At any rate, due to a few problems getting it correctly aligned (think I have the hang of it now), I had to remove and reapply about 4 times. At this point, the tapered ends under the home button are not adhering. I will have to return this one for a replacement, but want to see how the screen looks/feels when it is completely cured.

A few questions for anyone else using any of the InvisibleShield protectors:

Do the pieces under the home button stick for you when properly applied? It seems to me that the thickness of the Extreme is going to ruin the nice feel of using the device, even if they stick down properly.

It also looks like the Extreme has a very slight "orange-peel" effect (much less than the original, but presumably more than the HD). Are the HD owners happy with how it looks and feels? Do those problem ends under the home button stick?

I was a little obsessed with protecting the screen from drops, but I have never dropped a phone and broken the screen in my life (famous last words!) and I am thinking of just returning it for an HD.

Thoughts? Opinions? I realize it's a personal decision, just wondering what kind of experience folks are having.

Learylvr.

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2011
I have the HD version and love it. I'm not brave enough to install myself and had Best but do it. Lol. It sticks fine under my home key, no lift at all.

tmgarvey

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
South Jersey
Thanks--I have a sneaking suspicion I will be returning for the HD. Glad to hear you are happy with it.

I was fine with the original on my Blackberry, but I didn't have a retina screen, so the visuals weren't as important. I bought an HD for my iPad, but since I always use the cover I have not bothered to put it on.

One other question--did you get the case-friendly version? I have been using a Speck case, and it seems to barely cover the edges--I wonder how the regular size would work with the Speck?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.