Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Aug 30, 2005, 03:53 PM   #1
ebook
macrumors 6502

S-Video to Coaxial iBook hook-up question

Okay, this question is sort of out of the realm of computers, but not totally. First I'll tell you what I'm looking for. I'm looking for some type of adapter to go from S-Video to a "normal" coaxial cable input.

Okay, the reason. I have an iBook that I hook up through the VCR's RCA jacks to a projector (I have to do it this way because it compresses the screen image from top to bottom)... anyways, the projector only has S-Video connections or VGA (I realize I can hook-up my computer through that, but I can't because of other reasons I mentioned). So, I need to go from a S-Video on the projector to coaxial connector on the VCR. Can any of you guys help me out with this?
ebook is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2005, 04:18 PM   #2
VanMac
macrumors 6502a

http://www.trianglecables.com/6insvidtocom.html

Do a google search, and you will get a bunch more.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 05:10 PM   #3
rjphoto
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebook
Okay, this question is sort of out of the realm of computers, but not totally. First I'll tell you what I'm looking for. I'm looking for some type of adapter to go from S-Video to a "normal" coaxial cable input.

Okay, the reason. I have an iBook that I hook up through the VCR's RCA jacks to a projector (I have to do it this way because it compresses the screen image from top to bottom)... anyways, the projector only has S-Video connections or VGA (I realize I can hook-up my computer through that, but I can't because of other reasons I mentioned). So, I need to go from a S-Video on the projector to coaxial connector on the VCR. Can any of you guys help me out with this?
The projector is designed to use with a computer.

Try hooing up the VGA and check the LCD's (Projector's) resolution. Make sure the iBook is off or at least the lid is closed first. Now raise the lid and go to the System Prefs and click on Display. Check to see if the iBook and projector have the same resolution.

Select mirrowing "on".

Also while you are in the Display control panel, turn on the "show in menu" button so you can access the resolution settings from the menu up by the clock.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 06:19 PM   #4
ebook
macrumors 6502

Actually, the reason I need to run through the VCR is because it squeezes the image from top to bottom like widescreen and that helps keep the images above the presenters head. Thus, I need to run through the VCR and somehow into the S-Video spot on the projector.
ebook is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs