Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:28 PM   #1
1 iron
macrumors newbie

When Woz passes

Do you think a memoriam will be on Apple's homepage? Not to the extent of SJ's, but something to acknowledge his contribution?
1 iron is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:47 AM   #2
dXTC
macrumors 68000

Apple would be remiss not to do so IMHO, even though Woz hasn't had an active role in the development of products for quite a while now.
dXTC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:31 PM   #3
tech4all
macrumors 68040

I remember they had a memorial on their homepage for some guy who was affiliated with Apple in some way. I forgot, maybe he was a board member?

Surely they would do it for the co-founder of their company even if he is no longer actively involved with the company anymore.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:32 AM   #4
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

I'm sure they will ... Not with the same intensity but he also played an important role in Apples early times. But I hope not any time soon to test our guess.
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app
ChristianJapan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:38 AM   #5
Mr. McMac
macrumors 68020

Woz can easily live another 30 or more years. The question is will Apple be around that long? You never know.....
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:17 AM   #6
63dot
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McMac View Post
Woz can easily live another 30 or more years. The question is will Apple be around that long? You never know.....
In my region of the San Jose area, that is all too true. It seems like one minute big HQs or valley outposts of Digital and Intel is up, then IBM or HP, then Yahoo, Google, Facebook, Apple, etc and I certainly hope Woz and Apple are here for a long time.

That being said, Woz will still be likeable billionaire who many credit with inventing the home/small business computer and Apple, who started as a computer company, can easily be fully only into just music and small consumer electronic goods in the future. Apple is the type of company with the drive and ambition to branch out into any form of technology (or entertainment) and succeed. Apple is a lot like Richard Branson's multi-tiered empire, Virgin.

As the idea for privatized space travel becomes more viable, silicon valley will be jumping all over that one and become one of the "space" capitals.

If Woz goes before Apple, the company will have to remember him publicly. After all, he came up with the hardware and software while Jobs was the basically non-technical marketing guy. It was Woz who stuck with computers when Jobs thought of the (then) stupid idea of using Apple for the telecommunications business. It's funny and ironic how Apple now makes far more money with iPhone and related products than they do with computers. I think Jobs was always way ahead of his time and the main business visionary while Wozniak was the inventor. Apple could not have succeeded without either of them. That being said, Jobs was so good at marketing that he could have taken any company into prominence and it just happened that he was a computer mogul first, before a music or film or smartphone leader. Had it been a viral business with extremely loyal followers like Dunkin' Donuts, Harley Davidson (during second wind), the Mazda Miata, or Twitter, Steve Jobs could have built and led any of those. On that short list, of course, Apple is mentioned among them.

Last edited by 63dot; Oct 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
63dot is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:20 AM   #7
Fazzy
macrumors 6502

I like Woz, and so does everyone else. Apple would be daft not to, but I don't think they'll forget.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:36 AM   #8
SimonUK5
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to SimonUK5 Send a message via MSN to SimonUK5 Send a message via Skype™ to SimonUK5
With out Woz apple isn't anything.

He'll be on their front page. As big as Steve was
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:22 PM   #9
rhett7660
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonUK5 View Post
With out Woz apple isn't anything.

He'll be on their front page. As big as Steve was
This, I agree. I think they will do something for the big guy!

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion