Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:58 PM   #1
kirky29
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Yahoo to kirky29 Send a message via Skype™ to kirky29
MacBook Pro Dead - No Power

Hey guys,

So my MacBook Pro stopped working last March and I've been lazy. Only just remembered it now really, I went out and got an iMac instead of fixing it.

Basically, when you press the power button nothing happens. No noise, no lights, no spinning or anything. It was working during the evening, then I went to sleep and in the morning it was 'dead'.

It's a 2011 MacBook Pro, was brand new and didn't even last a year. Now sadly my warranty will have expired AND the nearest Apple store is a few hours away, so I'm not going there.

Does anybody have an ideas? Or know of a place where I can mail it for repairs (in the UK!).

Many thanks
Kirk.
kirky29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:57 PM   #2
hackerwayne
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to hackerwayne Send a message via Skype™ to hackerwayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirky29 View Post
Hey guys,

So my MacBook Pro stopped working last March and I've been lazy. Only just remembered it now really, I went out and got an iMac instead of fixing it.

Basically, when you press the power button nothing happens. No noise, no lights, no spinning or anything. It was working during the evening, then I went to sleep and in the morning it was 'dead'.

It's a 2011 MacBook Pro, was brand new and didn't even last a year. Now sadly my warranty will have expired AND the nearest Apple store is a few hours away, so I'm not going there.

Does anybody have an ideas? Or know of a place where I can mail it for repairs (in the UK!).

Many thanks
Kirk.
Does the MagSafe light lights up? If it doesn't, i suspect its a failed MagSafe adapter, if it lights up, try to press the battery indicator button on the side of the MBP to see if theres sufficient charge. If theres a faint green light on the MagSafe, that indicates the MacBook was somehow shorted and the power IC blewed. In this case, you gotta send for professional repair.
Quote: Nothing is impossible. Twitter: @Wayne_819
hackerwayne is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro