Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CodeCowboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
Dallas, TX
Is the Do Not Disturb feature broken? Is this widely known?

When I turn mine on (scheduled) on my iPhone 4S my favorites cannot call in still! (Even though I have them exempt from DND).

If DND is on it acts like my phone is muted for ALL contacts... a useless feature to me. I want my Favorites to be able to still call in.

I had found the issue on apples forums but have seen nothing official. Is this a known bug?

CBR900RR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2008
Middle of Pacific
Is the Do Not Disturb feature broken? Is this widely known?

When I turn mine on (scheduled) on my iPhone 4S my favorites cannot call in still! (Even though I have them exempt from DND).

If DND is on it acts like my phone is muted for ALL contacts... a useless feature to me. I want my Favorites to be able to still call in.

I had found the issue on apples forums but have seen nothing official. Is this a known bug?

Maybe the caller ID was not on, on the other phone.

CodeCowboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
Dallas, TX
The phone is asleep (which is why I don't notice her calls/texts).

I've reset the phone several times.

I've read on the Apple forums that people have deleted folks off their favorites and back on and that the issue persists.

They also have backed up and reset the device to new and then restored and still have the issue. Clearly it's not everyone having this... or at least... not everyone tries to use the feature.

I think one commonality too is that the DND is scheduled for night time.

0verd0sed

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2012
I think I got it.

Same here, iPhone 5, 6.0.1.
When DND is on, my favorites still cannot contact me, it sends them directly to voicemail.
I'm going to check with a friend, same device and version and report back in..

***EDIT

I think I got it now, I did some checking and same iPhone works perfectly with a SIM from a different network, I think the problem is that the caller ID on my network fails to work before the iPhone registers it as an unknown caller and redirects it to voicemail.

I used to work at that cellular network company and I know that it's different than the current I'm using, the network I'm on right now is pretty new and I bet they don't even acknowledge that issue as their own.
Anyway, be sure to try a different network SIM to see whether it isolates your problem to the network problem.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.