Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Hi Guys,

I am looking out for a external keyboard (Thin & Portable) which I can use with my New iPad without docking my iPad in the Keyboard just like Logitech and some other guys have it. I have a backcover on my iPad and a APPLE Smart cover in the front I dont think it is a good idea nor is it feasible to everytime remove the backcover and the smart cover, If I wanna use the External Keyboard. Any other options other than where I have to dock the iPad in the Keyboard would just be great !

Any suggestions !

Thanks !

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Hi Guys,

I am looking out for a external keyboard (Thin & Portable) which I can use with my New iPad without docking my iPad in the Keyboard just like Logitech and some other guys have it. I have a backcover on my iPad and a APPLE Smart cover in the front I dont think it is a good idea nor is it feasible to everytime remove the backcover and the smart cover, If I wanna use the External Keyboard. Any other options other than where I have to dock the iPad in the Keyboard would just be great !

Any suggestions !

Thanks !

Lots of keyboards have been discussed since the first iPad came out. A search for keyboards will find;

Apple keyboard
Logitech keyboards, both battery and solar.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
All these Keyboards that you have mentioned above are one's where you need to dock your iPad in the keyboard.

If you don't believe balamw or me, you might want to actually visit the Logitech and Apple web sites.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
This one looks cool ! Does this one require the iPad to be docked in the stand ? Rested by the stand ?

Did you read the description? See any reference to 'docking'?

On the go, the carrying case helps protect your keyboard. And once you arrive, it converts into a sturdy stand for your iPad that’s adjustable to just the right angle.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Since an iPad does not have a kickstand of its own, some kind of stand is pretty much necessary for use with a keyboard. Typing with both the iPad and KB on the same planar surface like a table sucks.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.