Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gozar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2011
Austin, TX
I received my 30-pin adapter today and promptly plugged into my 2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 (Tech pkg std) and my iPhone5 works the same as my iPone4 did. Full audio and steering wheel controls.
I use the factory cable with USB and 3.5mm stereo jack integrated.

I have seen a post that the same setup was not working on a 2012 Genesis...so not sure if changes were made to the Lexicon audio in that model or a bad adapter.

A great start to the weekend. :)

chele519

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
I received my 30-pin adapter today and promptly plugged into my 2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 (Tech pkg std) and my iPhone5 works the same as my iPone4 did. Full audio and steering wheel controls.
I use the factory cable with USB and 3.5mm stereo jack integrated.

I have seen a post that the same setup was not working on a 2012 Genesis...so not sure if changes were made to the Lexicon audio in that model or a bad adapter.

A great start to the weekend. :)

Is that with the nav package? I don't have the nav package in mine so I wonder if that matters. I have a 2012 Elantra.

Gozar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2011
Austin, TX
Is that with the nav package? I don't have the nav package in mine so I wonder if that matters. I have a 2012 Elantra.

Yes, it has the Nav package with the "Audi like" DIS control (not touch screen) Hopefully since they use the same cable it will work......

formulatwo

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
Can't wait for the cable to arrive and try it on my Sorrento.

Kia and Hyundai have the same system.

chele519

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
Can't wait for the cable to arrive and try it on my Sorrento.

Kia and Hyundai have the same system.

Someone posted yesterday that it worked in his Sorento. My only concern is that on the Hyundai forums, it worked in one Genesis but not the other. I haven't seen anything about Elantras yet so keeping my fingers crossed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.