Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
this just started happening to me in the last hour. every person is showing green send button and sending texts and not imessage. anyone have this happen before? is it something with my phone or apple?

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
this just started happening to me in the last hour. every person is showing green send button and sending texts and not imessage. anyone have this happen before? is it something with my phone or apple?

Yeah or if a regular reset doesnt work try a hard reset (hold top and home button until phone completly shuts off)

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Yeah or if a regular reset doesnt work try a hard reset (hold top and home button until phone completly shuts off)

yes done both reset and hard reset. did nothing. hasnt worked for about 4 hrs now. thinking about restoring phone but read where others may be having this issue and its not working for them. my phone is falling apart. app store, imessage, phone calls dropping.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
how long so some of these issues last before they attempt to fix. app store is down and so is this. i dont have apple care so they didnt care when i called.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
yes done both reset and hard reset. did nothing. hasnt worked for about 4 hrs now. thinking about restoring phone but read where others may be having this issue and its not working for them. my phone is falling apart. app store, imessage, phone calls dropping.

Really that sucks i have absolutely no problem with my phone...definetly try a clean restore

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Have you checked your settings to see if iMessage is turned on?

I don't remember what I was doing, but I changed some setting unrelated to iMessage, and it turned iMessage off too. Forgot which one it was.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
Also check in settings, messages and see if Send and Receive is your phone number and not an email address.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Have you checked your settings to see if iMessage is turned on?

I don't remember what I was doing, but I changed some setting unrelated to iMessage, and it turned iMessage off too. Forgot which one it was.

this was it!!! i dont think i did anything today to change settings. i reset my phone alot trying to app store to work but went in and imessage was turned off.

oh thank you guys for all the suggestions. This site is wonderful. saves me from going crazy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.