Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TyShawn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
My wife just got her laptop in July. I waned to wait until ML was stable enough before upgrading her. So I am asking you guys have we reached that point yet?

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
My wife just got her laptop in July. I waned to wait until ML was stable enough before upgrading her. So I am asking you guys have we reached that point yet?

That's kinda a loaded question. You will get 100 people talking about how ML is the worst and caused their system to crash and 100 who say it's the best ever. Some will say it is not stable until 10.8.8 :D

I have not had major problems with it.

ZenErik

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2007
Massachusetts
No real issues to support here. I'd like to see FB chat integrated with Messages. Using FB chat w/ Jabber works, but if I send someone a FB message on my phone it will not show up in the Messages app. Not many other complaints..

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Mountain Lion has been better in virtually all respects then Lion for me.

If you're on Lion - I'd say go for it.

If you're still holding out on snow leopard... judgement call. The reasons you didn't go to lion are probably still apparent.

For me, performance has been much improved over Lion. Stability is the same.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2012
No, I installed ML and it almost started the apocalypse and I removed it as soon as I noticed it doing that.... Just kidding.

It is safe for me. Actually I hardly see a difference between ML and Lion in my day to day use.

The screen had a problem of getting a blue tint when switching to dedicated graphics. But that is solved with a PRAM reset. Safari 6 crashes about once per day. Xcode becomes unresponsive all the time and it requires a force quite.

Apart from me, ML is safe except the land mines ;)

Kasalic

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2011
No major issues here, as someone else said, you'll always get people telling you that ML trashed their system/house/relationship/world economy, the reality is that for most it's something that either happened right before or just after the upgrade, or there was an underlying issue that was exacerbated by the upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.