Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pooleman

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I bought a new 2012 Scion today and was pleasantly surprised to find that the iPhone 5 And stock USB cable plugged into the radio and charged and transferred audio fine with no issues. The radio was able to recognize all the playlists artist songs and whatnot and allow me to navigate problem free. The Bluetooth works great and Siri integration into the car is virtually seamless. From the day I got the phone on September 21 I had no issues or problems.

Last edited:

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
I have had literally ZERO problems with my iPhone 5 since I bought it on September 22nd. I love it more than any phone I have ever owned.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
I'll add a positive for a laugh.

Today I used Apple Maps Turn-By-Turn as we were stuck in traffic. It came up with 3 routes.

Compared it to Google Maps, and Apple trumped it - it came up with a superb route that was the only way through traffic & roadworks that Google missed!

Saved me about 35min of sitting in traffic. Very happy, thank you.

JodyK

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Atlanta suburbs
Rare???? What are you talking about? The reviews on the iPhone 5 are phenomenal! It's all the trolls and picky people in these forums crying about the smallest things that gives you a perseption that iPhone 5 has no positive reviews.

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
I bought a new 2012 Scion today and was pleasantly surprised to find that the iPhone 5 And stock USB cable plugged into the radio and charged and transferred audio fine with no issues. The radio was able to recognize all the playlists artist songs and whatnot and allow me to navigate problem free. The Bluetooth works great and Siri integration into the car is virtually seamless. From the day I got the phone on September 21 I had no issues or problems.

Sounds more like a backhanded compliment to me. Your post is no better than all of the people directly trying to hype the minor problems some are having.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
Nobody I've spoken to outside the forums has had any issues except one friend who's iPhone 5 was stolen. Only negative stuff I catch I read here.

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
The point he is making is that they're aren't many automobile issues with Bluetooth connections, Siri integration, audio transfer, etc. not working properly with the iPhone 5. So by u saying it actually works in ur car is kind of a backhanded, almost sarcastic comment.

Yes, that was my point exactly.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I have had literally ZERO problems with my iPhone 5 since I bought it on September 22nd. I love it more than any phone I have ever owned.

Agreed.

If I could improve one thing I wish they had a 2,000+ mAh battery in this sucker but for the most part I'm completely thrilled.

A+ product!

pooleman

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
The point he is making is that they're aren't many automobile issues with Bluetooth connections, Siri integration, audio transfer, etc. not working properly with the iPhone 5. So by u saying it actually works in ur car is kind of a backhanded, almost sarcastic comment.

I remember people expressing concerns that the new lightning connector would have issues transmitting audio since its now digital instead of analog. And since all the other components in the world were designed to the old iPhones analog design that this would cause issues.

I'm also just tired of reading all the complainy posts about the iP5. I thought something positive wound be appreciated. But some still complained about a positive thread. Haters gonna hate I guess.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011

I listen to all the negativity about the lightning interface and how all the old docks and accessories would be broken.

Plugged in into a 2010 Infiniti and the radio charged, playlist, steering controls, cover art, Bluetooth audio, phone directory all worked just fine.

Maps also worked better than the two year old in car GPS on two different occasions.

Enjoy your Scion

phillyphill

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2010
lorton
I love my phone. I love the shared streams. I can share pics of my 5 month old from my mac or phone with family. Then again any phone I get I love. Because I know what I'm getting into. I always read reviews before buying. And every year the iPhone has good reviews. But since its such a popular phone any small issue gets blown out of proportion.

iF34R

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2011
South Carolina
I doubt it's rare that people enjoy their i5. ;) It seems rare for me to have an issue with it (other than not being able to jb it lol).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.