Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:44 PM   #1
AbhiKap55
macrumors member

How to play a specific song in Voice Control?

Hello, AbhiKap here

I would like to know if there is a command to use in Voice Control that you can choose a specific song to play. I tried: play *song name* but that doesn't work.
Also, I would like to know if there is a way to change how to get to Voice Control instead of holding the home button for 5 seconds.

Thanks, Help is greatly appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • iPod Touch 2g 8GB. iPod Touch 4g white 32GB. iPad 2 16GB white.
AbhiKap55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:16 PM   #2
ninaco
macrumors regular

I said "play cats in the cradle" and it started playing. (Showing my age. )
ninaco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:08 PM   #3
AbhiKap55
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninaco View Post
I said "play cats in the cradle" and it started playing. (Showing my age. )
I said play *song name* and it said: Genius not available. What is that?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:11 PM   #4
Atomike
macrumors member

I've never owned a touch before (this will be my first) but I do know that Siri only works when connected to Apple's network via WiFi (since there's no phone connection with the touch). So, no wi-fi, no siri, no voice recognition of your song. I'm personally hoping there is an app or something else that will do this function without Siri. If anyone knows of such an app or workaround, I'd love to heard about it to change podcasts, volume, etc. while driving.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:23 PM   #5
AbhiKap55
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomike View Post
I've never owned a touch before (this will be my first) but I do know that Siri only works when connected to Apple's network via WiFi (since there's no phone connection with the touch). So, no wi-fi, no siri, no voice recognition of your song. I'm personally hoping there is an app or something else that will do this function without Siri. If anyone knows of such an app or workaround, I'd love to heard about it to change podcasts, volume, etc. while driving.
I am connected to a wifi. And when I say play *song name* then it says "No match found" Even though I say it correctly and I'm sure I have that song. Any ideas? What should I do?

Thanks
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:29 PM   #6
Rocks.
macrumors member

from my experience with an iPod Touch, you can't play a specific song with Voice Control. You can only play a playlist, album, artist, or Now Playing. (Basically the words floating in the blue background are the commands you can say)
Rocks. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:50 PM   #7
ninaco
macrumors regular

Sorry, I'm wrapped up in playing with Siri on the 5g. I was thinking that was the same as voice control. But, I can see in the documentation that I was wrong.

Last edited by ninaco; Oct 13, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
ninaco is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch