Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 9, 2012, 04:56 AM   #51
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySee.... View Post
Sorry to bother you with my nonsense again but I tried subler again last night. When I have a file sitting in the queue (MKV) I press start and it is "done" in a millisecond. the output file says .mp4 but the file size is 456Kb which obviously isn't right.

Where am I going wrong?
Can you post the video online so that I can check it too? If it's too big, just slice out a short segment of it (let me know if you need help with it), and, after checking out it can't be processed by Subler, making it online?
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:52 PM   #52
AppleDApp
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.R View Post
I guess you could mark them all as the same season and just adjust the episode number. That could lead to a lot of scrolling when you want to watch an episode from season 5 though
iTunes 11 fixes this.

The iflicks site says it is automator friendly so is there an Automator script that allows you to watch a folder and automatically import all of the video files and convert them. Once that is done it would empty the trash bin.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:47 AM   #53
denzaltrueman
macrumors newbie

I had an MKV file that came in at 8.88GB, and I funneled it to apple itunes in the appletv3 choice. The producing computer file is 3.52GB. This seems like a large pressure without dropping excellent.
denzaltrueman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:42 AM   #54
AppleDApp
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by denzaltrueman View Post
I had an MKV file that came in at 8.88GB, and I funneled it to apple itunes in the appletv3 choice. The producing computer file is 3.52GB. This seems like a large pressure without dropping excellent.
It seems like Iceandlime had a very similar response. Mic J has the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceandlime View Post
I had an MKV file that came in at 8.88GB, and I transfered it to itunes in the appletv3 option. The resulting file is 3.52GB. This seems like a huge compression without losing quality.

Is doing this going to have any negative quality issues?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic j View Post
File size alone is not an indicator of quality. If you use a more efficient encoder, you can maintain quality within a smaller file. Your eyes/ears will make the final determination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceandlime View Post
Thanks. I did try and compare them and couldn't find any really hugely obvious differences, I was just more curious as to how with such a huge difference in size it could retain quality. Glad that it does though! Should save me some space!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater