Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fanfong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Last thin case I had with iphone 4 had just enough coverage for the side metal. It felt really good because the corners feel rounded and smaller. I never put the phone face down so don't need the frontal protection.

What clear thin cases do you guys recommend? Switcheasy nude? I bought a KaysCase but the raised edges are annoying as hell. Looking for a cover that's flush around the side and don't extend beyond the glass.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
I just received my Moshi iGlaze case and I love how minimal it is. Almost feels like there isn't a case on the phone at all.

Feels great in my hands and looks great too :D

It comes with a skin for the back to protect against scratches from dust getting in between the case and the phone.

I bought the black case, but the link is to the "XT" or clear version.

http://www.moshimonde.com/product/iglaze-xt-for-iphone-5.aspx

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
I'm on the same boat as you OP. I need a minimal case with NO front lip. It annoys the living hell out of me.

DO NOT "check out the incipio feather"! it has enough of a raised lip to get on your nerves. I bought one, and its collecting dust now.

I was told in a similar thread i made, that there is a case at target by Best Case that has no lip, and is very minimal. I haven't had a chance to see it yet though.

The SPIGEN ultra thin air also looks very nice, but i don't like that it has that writing on the side, and that its doesnt have that soft touch grippy coating.

I'll probably buy one anyways thought.

Post here if you buy something!

djinn

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2003
So far I've tried the Desmay (http://www.desmay.com) case, the SPIGen (listed above), and for quick protection I got the Rocketfish from best buy. All offering the thin form factor. For grins I'm even testing the Ultra Crystal Mix by SPIgen.

The Desmay one is very thin but feels cheap. The product is made out of cheap plastic and the bottom looks it was cut out by a 4 yr.

The SPIGen one has a professional feel to it but feels too thick to my liking.

The Rocketfish, well.. that was for quick protection since not many cases were on the market.

I have used Incipio cases in the past and loved them.

I really like the basic scratch protection the SPIGen has to offer giving me the natural feel of the phone. As for any drop protection, zero! But I did get applecare+

Just my input.

merc070809

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
Otterlife

OTTERBOX is the best phone case ever made, anyone who disagrees is just not intelligent enough to realize how wrong they are....

djinn

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2003
OTTERBOX is the best phone case ever made, anyone who disagrees is just not intelligent enough to realize how wrong they are....

Does Otterbox make a thin case? Last I checked they were all big and bulky.

merc070809

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
nope only big and bulky ones but that should be all you need if you need something else than the iphone 5 just isnt right for you....

MacLadybug

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
try Zoogue

I bought the same case for my iPhone 4 when it was free (they only charged shipping). It's thin, light and I think has a nicer feel than the Incipio Feather. I pre-ordered the case for the "5" when they were offering it for free and got about 6 of them for $17.00.... just waiting on them to ship.

http://www.zoogue.com/iphone-5-social-pro-cases/

hkfan24

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Does Otterbox make a thin case? Last I checked they were all big and bulky.

Agreed. As much protection as the Otterbox cases provide, they are just too bulky for my tastes. The overall bulkiness kills it for me. I love the slim profile of my i5.

orange42

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
Elago S5 from Amazon. I got the dark grey with the soft feeling (it's a hard case with matte paint). I love it so far. It's not bulky and you can't feel it when sliding across because it doesn't go over the screen. Perfect peace of mind case.

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
check out these proporta cases, I love them!

phpThumb.php

http://www.proporta.com

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
nope only big and bulky ones but that should be all you need if you need something else than the iphone 5 just isnt right for you....

Is this a joke? Seriously? You guys want to take such a beautifully thin and perfect phone and you want to turn it into an ugly, bulky brick.:rolleyes:

fanfong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
I ended up getting a switcheasy nude and really like it. It comes right up to the height of the screen without any noticeable lip, and the fit is very good. Only complaint I have is the edges are not as rounded as I would like, but overall it fits the bill. Buttons etc all work fine.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I currently use the Speck Fab shell. It really hugs the phone and has a cloth design on back and sides. This is mine: it also comes in black/gray.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 69

merc070809

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
you guys don't make any sense, if u drop the phone and it lands on the front your screen is going to end up cracked, you need a case with a screen protector!! so do me a favor and list the top three cases with screen protectors built in to the case such as the otterbox and lifeproof...1...2...3..GO!!!

:cool::apple::cool:

fanfong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
you guys don't make any sense, if u drop the phone and it lands on the front your screen is going to end up cracked, you need a case with a screen protector!! so do me a favor and list the top three cases with screen protectors built in to the case such as the otterbox and lifeproof...1...2...3..GO!!!

:cool::apple::cool:

Go start your own thread. I haven't dropped mine in 4 years so no need for ugly boxes that turns the slim phone into a brick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.