Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:29 PM   #1
DanteMann
Banned

Windows 8 ads starting...

The ads are looking good so far, very fun and current. This is just a preview for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=i1GNDs7DCTw

Love that unlock screen. Windows 8 and touchscreen laptops and monitors are definitely gonna change up the landscape. Cannot wait!
DanteMann is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:35 PM   #2
zbarvian
macrumors 68000

Despite a huge, potentially deal-breaking learning curve, I was optimistic that Windows 8 (especially RT) could propel us into the future of computing. However, those hopes have been extinguished after seeing the prices for the machines. The Surface better be priced around $400 with the covers at $60-$100, or Windows 8 is going to be a total flop. I already feel like it will be anyway, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
zbarvian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:32 PM   #3
aneftp
macrumors 68040

All I know is Microsoft is playing a dangerous game by still not disclosing the price of their tablet.

It's less than 11 days know. People want to know the price.

If Apple decides to announce an iPad mini before Microsoft reveals its surface pricing. Microsoft is screwed unless its a super low price.

Either way. The ARM version cannot be more than $350 or else no one will buy it. Normal windows applications can or run on the cheaper tablet version.

The pro version can't cost more than $700.
aneftp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices