Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arkanok

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
I don't know if its the fault of my iPhone 5 or the other persons, but a few times while talking to my girlfriend (she has just an iPhone 4) everything will be going just fine but seemingly at random times, she is no longer able to hear me for a couple seconds.

Oddly enough it's only happened while talking to her so it could be her phone, but I'm just curious if anybody else has experienced this with their iPhone 5?

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
She has an iPhone 4? Is she touching the trouble spot in the antenna? That'd do it.

Arkanok

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
She has an iPhone 4? Is she touching the trouble spot in the antenna? That'd do it.

Hmm now that you mention it, that could be a reason. She doesn't use a case any longer so that could definitely do it.

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Hmm now that you mention it, that could be a reason. She doesn't use a case any longer so that could definitely do it.

It's pretty likely. I remember when I had an iPhone 4, the bottom left was like a damn mute button. But somehow they'd hear me and I wouldn't hear them. Kind of weird but there you go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.