Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:47 AM   #1
Jethryn Freyman
macrumors 68020

Question iPhone 5 won't connect to Wi-Fi

iPhone 5 running iOS 6. Worked perfectly up until today. Now it can see wireless networks, but gives an error message (screenshot below) when I try to connect. I can see the networks, but the phone won't connect. Tried turning wireless on and off, the phone on and off to no avail. I've tried with two different routers, same result, and both routers work fine with other Macs, PCs, an iPad 2 running iOS 6, and an iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1.1.

Any help?

Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:48 AM   #2
April Dancer
macrumors regular

Me neither. Everything else connecting fine but got iP5 yesterday and nothing. Have tried switching everything on and off blah blah and no joy.
All the iPods - currently silver 160GB
April Dancer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 01:13 PM   #3
Renee3000
macrumors newbie

I have the same problem

Hi Guys, any luck figuring this out?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethryn Freyman View Post
iPhone 5 running iOS 6. Worked perfectly up until today. Now it can see wireless networks, but gives an error message (screenshot below) when I try to connect. I can see the networks, but the phone won't connect. Tried turning wireless on and off, the phone on and off to no avail. I've tried with two different routers, same result, and both routers work fine with other Macs, PCs, an iPad 2 running iOS 6, and an iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1.1.

Any help?

I have the same problem. Any luck trying to figure this out?
Renee3000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:43 PM   #4
Dance4light
macrumors newbie

New iPhone 4s will not connect either

I have 2 iPhones (model 4), 3 MacBooks and a new iPad and have never had a problem connecting to my home wireless (Linksys-G 2.4 GHs model WRT54G). I bought my husband a new iPhone 4s for Christmas and it will not connect automatically to the wireless. When it does connect by going into settings, it quickly drops the connection. I have updated my router software and double checked that all of the settings are set as recommended on the Apple site. Verizon sent me a new iphone (4s) and it does the same thing.

Can anyone recommend the next step? Do I need a new router?
Dance4light is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:03 PM   #5
Ardzii
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance4light View Post
I have 2 iPhones (model 4), 3 MacBooks and a new iPad and have never had a problem connecting to my home wireless (Linksys-G 2.4 GHs model WRT54G). I bought my husband a new iPhone 4s for Christmas and it will not connect automatically to the wireless. When it does connect by going into settings, it quickly drops the connection. I have updated my router software and double checked that all of the settings are set as recommended on the Apple site. Verizon sent me a new iphone (4s) and it does the same thing.

Can anyone recommend the next step? Do I need a new router?
That's really weird ... Indeed, it may come from the fact that your current router is a bit old and that you have many devices connected... But still, it shouldn't be a problem.
I think that, because you already tried everything else, the only solution that remain will be, as you suggested, changing the router. But I strongly suggest that first you ask a friend or anyone to lend you one and try it out before spending money on something that might or might not work.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee3000 View Post
Hi Guys, any luck figuring this out?

----------

I have the same problem. Any luck trying to figure this out?
Have you guys tried to reset the network settings of your iPhones ?
Ardzii is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting