Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:11 AM   #1
redhawk87
macrumors regular

iPhone 5 data usage

So I just got a Verizon iPhone 5 on saturday afternoon and when I got it the guy told me I used on average ~900 MB a month. When I look at my cellular usage it says I have received 177 MB and sent 21.4 MB. That is from my last reset of sunday morning. When I go to the about section it says my carrier is "Verizon 13.1" so I should have the data usage patch right?

I went from 3G to LTE so idk if LTE just uses more data or what but this seems like my phone is using a ton of data when it should not. I went to bed last night and I had used ~100 MB and when I woke up it was up to ~145 MB. That was just when I was sleeping. Is this normal? Are other people still having problems with this?

EDIT: I think the problem I am having is not the fact that my phone is randomly sending data when it should not but its having a problem auto-connecting to wifi networks. I feel like I keep having to explicitly connect to wifi networks and every time I get my phone out it has disconnected from the wifi network and I have to re-connect. Again, anyone experiencing this problem?

Last edited by redhawk87; Oct 15, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
redhawk87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
data usage, iphone 5