Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sanibel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
There's a thread by this title but for iOS5 and earlier, so this one is for iOS6.
To capture the idea of the original question: My husband and I have 2 4Ss between us, and we want to make it so anything we put on one iphone's calendar, will automatically appear on the other's iphone calendar as well; a shared calendar deal.
The only idea that floated in that original thread was to use iCloud. Is there an actual app that can do that?
Thanks in advance.

thatguyjeff

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
Not over 2 iphones, but the wife and I use Google Calendar. She has an android phone, as did I before.

Using google calendar, you can set two calendars to access each other, and then just set up the iphone(s) to your individual google account.

Everything she enters comes to my calendar automatically and everything I enter does so as well. No special apps needed.

Easy peasy.

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the replies.
I found the app I was looking for (I wanted to be able to sync not only two iPhones but two iphones and an Android device). This is a fantastic app, I highly recommend it, and it's free: Cozi Family Organizer: Shared Calendar, Shopping Lists, To Do Lists

Not sure if you're just here to promote that app but if you want to sync a calendar between phones, laptops, tablets, etc., the best way is to use the native Calendar app instead of a third party app. Setting it up is not too difficult. I wrote about it awhile back http://comefortheride.com/how-to-setup-share-and-sync-multiple-calendars-in-ical/

sanibel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Not sure if you're just here to promote that app but if you want to sync a calendar between phones, laptops, tablets, etc., the best way is to use the native Calendar app instead of a third party app. Setting it up is not too difficult. I wrote about it awhile back http://comefortheride.com/how-to-setup-share-and-sync-multiple-calendars-in-ical/

Thanks. I am not here to promote apps (you can check my posts), nor am I affiliated with developers of any sort. My problem was the ability to sync phones of different operating systems, since not all my family members use the iPhone. A native Calendar app won't work with an Android or Blackberry devices. This could be an issue for others here, so I'm trying to help by pointing to a 3rd-party cross-platformed app.

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Thanks. I am not here to promote apps (you can check my posts), nor am I affiliated with developers of any sort. My problem was the ability to sync phones of different operating systems, since not all my family members use the iPhone. A native Calendar app won't work with an Android or Blackberry devices. This could be an issue for others here, so I'm trying to help by pointing to a 3rd-party cross-platformed app.

Gotcha. Well, I too prefer to use Google calenders in iCal over the iCloud version. Same reason, if I want to sync a soccer team's schedule or something with 20+ other parents, this is more versatile than iCloud. Anyway, the blog post covers how to set it up natively with Google calendar and iCal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.