Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:22 PM   #1
XxpikachuxX
macrumors 6502

iPod touch 5G Not charging! :(

For some reason my ipod touch (red) if that makes a difference won't charge, yesterdar i got this message from my macbook (usb device was drawing too much power) and since then my ipod wont charge not even on my wall outlet my by apple usb charger any help?
XxpikachuxX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:47 PM   #2
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

Try resetting it
(Hold home button and power or sleep button for 10-15 sec or when apple logo comes up)
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:03 AM   #3
XxpikachuxX
macrumors 6502

i just found out my stupid usb cable is not working ;/
XxpikachuxX is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:53 PM   #4
MJNBGA
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxpikachuxX View Post
The Lightning one? Huh? What happened to "durable"?
MJNBGA is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:35 AM   #5
raccoonboy
macrumors 6502a

Maybe "lightning" is referring to the speed of which the thing broke down.
raccoonboy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:13 AM   #6
jimmirehman
macrumors regular

this really seems more like user error.
jimmirehman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:16 AM   #7
scarlettsweb13
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJNBGA View Post
The Lightning one? Huh? What happened to "durable"?
Durable and reversible! How convenient! I save so much time now that I don't have to figure out which side to stick the connector. I am shocked to hear about the iPod not charging! This was supposed to be a revolutionary device. "The headphone jack is on the bottom", after all. Haha, I'm joking.

OP: In all seriousness, if restoring your iPod does not work; maybe you should just buy another lightning connector?
scarlettsweb13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:03 AM   #8
darkxsky86
macrumors newbie

Don't just buy another connector you gotta go complain to Apple why you got a defective cable because you just bought it and it already broke. Plus that cable ain't cheap I'm guessing its around 30 bucks with the way Apple likes to price their accessories.
darkxsky86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:46 AM   #9
XxpikachuxX
macrumors 6502

Trust me its not users error if the cable will not work unless you press really hard on top end iof the conector or other ipods or pcs dont register either
I took it to apple and they were all surprise they change it for free if not i would of return it and got an nexus 7 ;p
XxpikachuxX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:52 AM   #10
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Trust me its not users error if the cable will not work unless you press really hard on top end iof the conector or other ipods or pcs dont register either
I took it to apple and they were all surprise they change it for free if not i would of return it and got an nexus 7 ;p
If you had read the warranty info, you would have immediately known Apple would replace it at no charge. They have pretty darn good customer service.
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:23 PM   #11
sagna
macrumors newbie

Temple run

guys can u help me about the temple run the game, on ipod 5 how can i download that game ? and i founded it on itunes so how do i download it from itunes??
sagna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 02:08 AM   #12
cc746
macrumors newbie

Waste of money

I as well have the new 5G iPod touch, when I first got it I plugged it into the computer, picked out my playlist synced it & then charged it and everything was fine. My second time going to charge it I plugged it into my old adapter and after about an hour I started smelling burnt rubber, upon attempting to unplug the adapter from the wall it was extremely hot to the touch. I then tried plugging it into my iPad adapter & although it didn't try to melt or set my wall on fire it will not charge. When I plug it into my Macbook I get the same message that it is drawing too much power & my USB is disabled to prevent damage.

I cannot believe for the price of this thing it did not come with an appropriate adapter and it obviously has issues charging normally.
cc746 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:18 PM   #13
millsash
macrumors newbie

Angry Same as me.

This is exactly the same as me. I have also got the iPod 5g in red and I have just plugged it into charge and it won't. Unfortunately I plugged it in once it had run out of complete charge so I cannot access anything. I have also tried with other adapters, switched off at the mains, switched plug sockets, tried with my computer and it will still not charge - at least I'm not the only one this has happened to. Has yours worked again since and do you have any advice for me?

Quote:
For some reason my ipod touch (red) if that makes a difference won't charge, yesterdar i got this message from my macbook (usb device was drawing too much power) and since then my ipod wont charge not even on my wall outlet my by apple usb charger any help?
millsash is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:40 PM   #14
Killer AG17
macrumors newbie

Exclamation it not working for either

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmirehman View Post
this really seems more like user error.
its not working for me either :apple :
Killer AG17 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:49 PM   #15
Solomani
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Did you buy one of those $1.50 Chinese generic copycat OEM iPod cables? People buy those from eBay or Amazon all the time, and about 60% of the time they do not work.
Solomani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2013, 03:38 PM   #16
AbacabMR
macrumors newbie

Had the same problem a few days ago... scheduled an appointment at the genius bar and the gave me a new cable... hope my old cable will serve as one of the many (?) examples which may lead to an improved design (if it is indeed in need of improvement).
AbacabMR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2013, 06:55 PM   #17
Thetonyk123
macrumors 68000

Really simple solution, as stated above, go to the genius bar and get it replaced... end of story. And to the person asking how to get temple run, make an iTunes account then tap "free" then "install"
Old Apr 7, 2014, 05:22 PM   #18
Niall's Sister
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagna View Post
guys can u help me about the temple run the game, on ipod 5 how can i download that game ? and i founded it on itunes so how do i download it from itunes??
Perhaps this is the first phone you have ever had. Well first what you do is search App Store or just find the App Store. Then you hit search below and search what you want to download ps you half to have an apple id to download anything at all. Ok so then you will see install you hit that and then it will download fast or slow.Hope this helped good luck!
Niall's Sister is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch