Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MAC MAN JW

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
Buffalo,Ny

LOLZpersonok

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Interesting that they're advertising it there as if it were better and faster than the newer Macs...I wonder what would happen if I just clicked "Add to Cart" and paid for it...Just to see what I'd get.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Shows up when I add it to the cart. I too would be interested in finding out if one could really pay for it. But, I would be more interested in Apples response :D

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
If i had that much $ laying around i would just like to buy it and see if apple really ships a Powermac to me or if it was a mistake in the online store!. Now we can all email apple and say you sell it so you have to support it (New Updates/Software):D

Also they are selling iBook's http://store.apple.com/ca_edu_107689/product/M9846LL/A

Gotta be a mistake. Can't see them offering these without support. And if true, they'd likely announce PowerPC prior to offering these products.

Stay tuned. . .

orestes1984

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2005
Australia
I added 20 Power Macs to my cart, they want $40000 apparently. The cart works I can go through to the checkout page, let's see which one of us is willing to make an order to see what Apples response is. :rolleyes:

PowerPCMacMan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
PowerPC land
is this really for real?

If this is not a typo, I might get one.. has anyone checked the USA apple store to see if the MDD G4 is on that site?

Thanks

PPCMM

666sheep

macrumors 68040
Dec 7, 2009
Poland
OMG, it's uber-rarity! First time I clicked on link in OP, I didn't pay attention to the picture... ...and it's 733 MDD! :eek: :eek: :eek: I understand that price now ;)

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
Nothing on Google about this, though I still believe it's a mistake.

Apple stopped "thinking different" about such things a long time ago. One of the casualties of financial and corporate success.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I'm extremely tempted to order the iBook one. Wonder what'll arrive at my doorstep if anything actually does.

MAC MAN JW

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
Buffalo,Ny
How did you find it in the Store?

I did a search on the apple online store page (Up in the gray bar at the top of the page) and just typed in G4 i also tried G3 and G5 but no macs came up. I tried this on the USA version of the store and only The mini DVI to VGA (And DVI) adapter comes up.:)

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
I'm extremely tempted to order the iBook one. Wonder what'll arrive at my doorstep if anything actually does.
True, they'll be selling a G5 or a G4 Cube next lol.

"512MB memory (DDR333 SDRAM)
40GB Ultra ATA hard drive"

And to think that was once top-of-the-range specs.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Hold your horses folks. Apple isn't getting them in for eight more days. Then you can bathe in your two thousand dollar G4 glory ;-)

rjcalifornia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
El Salvador
If i had that much $ laying around i would just like to buy it and see if apple really ships a Powermac to me or if it was a mistake in the online store!. Now we can all email apple and say you sell it so you have to support it (New Updates/Software):D

Also they are selling iBook's http://store.apple.com/ca_edu_107689/product/M9846LL/A

Ok, it says it has a scrolling pad... is that true? Does ibook G4 come with a scrolling track pad?

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Ok, it says it has a scrolling pad... is that true? Does ibook G4 come with a scrolling track pad?

Yes it did. Only the last revision of the 12" and the 14" iBooks (mid 2005) came with s trackpad, sudden motion sensor etc.

Boy that old apple iBook price was steep. I bought one new for $899 in late 2005.

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
Hold your horses folks. Apple isn't getting them in for eight more days. Then you can bathe in your two thousand dollar G4 glory ;-)

Probably will take Apple a few days to buy up and restore all these old Macs and iBooks on eBay at a discount.v:rolleyes:

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
warp drive.

Apple OP linky said:
quantum leap processing power, ultra efficient system architecture...

i was unaware that the G4 possessed quantum leap processing... not bad for an aging machine! i'm guessing by ultra efficient system architecture they mean 'fans loud enough to make you cry' straight away. fast bus and louder than one by a mile and stuff. with pretty shiny doors. always loved that look.

i'd just like to actually have one that wasn't all scratched to hell. could never afford a new one back when, so when through lots of used ones instead.

cool trip in the way back machine. :apple:

PowerMacFan

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2012
If only I had $1300 laying around. I miss my iBook

i loved the iBook besides eMacs we also had iBook G4s in my high school i always wanted a iBook. However no i no longer need a laptop i never go anywhere that opts me to bring a laptop if i do i bring my Windows laptop i use for games that my Pentium 4 cannot handle :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.