Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

falconb

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
hello guys,
i need a summary for the meanings of some.... i don't know what i could call it but i mean these like command things used in xCode like (NNString,NSLog,UILabel,property,synthesize and such commands)

come again?
okay

i need to know what they mean and therefore when are they used and for what purpose

thanx a lot

falconb

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
wow thanks man

but i dont mind if anybody wants to help with something else

thank you all

falconb

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
you seem to me as developer,right?

okay
so when you're developing an app for IOS you surely know what you NNString (for example) and when it's supposed to be used,right?

that's all i wanted to know

thanx for your concern

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
you seem to me as developer,right?
Correct. I'm an iOS developer. As are many other members in this forum.

so when you're developing an app for IOS you surely know what you NNString (for example) and when it's supposed to be used,right?

I do, most of the time. A lot of that knowledge has been built up as I gained experience with the SDK and everything else surrounding it. When I encounter something new, I check the docs and/or online resources for more help. I probably would never need a "list" of all the available classes, protocols, concepts, etc. because such a list would be huge and overwhelming.

(And to nitpick: it's NSString. Accuracy is important in programming and, especially so in Objective-C, which is case-sensitive.)

What is your level of understanding of iOS / Objective-C programming? Are you totally new to this? What resources are you using to educate yourself? (Remember, be specific.)

Also, you didn't really answer my questions.

falconb

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
okay
firstly i want to tell you that i've been an IOS user for years so i have a lot of experience as a normal user but an IOS developer....i actually never went that deep but i'm very interested to

i started to use iTunes U to help me specially stanford classes but when i started i found my self lost just like the prof. said in the beginning of the first lecture because -although i'd love to be a developer it's like a dream- my developing experience is...ZERO except some little bit of knowledge on visual basic

so i hope you can help me if you can

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
If you have pretty much no programming experience, prepare to be in this for the long haul. Even the Stanford iTunes U class has prerequisites. I suggest you first learn the basics of programming, and ignore iOS / Objective-C / OOP for now.

Be sure to search this forum for other threads from other members starting to learn like you are. Here's one thread with plenty of advice. Also, be sure to check out the Guides and the Stickies at the top of this forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.