Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pinkoos

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2005
Texas
Haven't seen anything at Best Buy or Target.

Microcenter has a Cygnett and Griffin case, but they are not the best.

Anybody know of anything else available locally or when online stores (ie, Amazon) are going to have stock of some of the "big players" (ie, not the no name "tide me over until..." types like Evecase, etc.)?

Thanks.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Haven't seen anything at Best Buy or Target.

Microcenter has a Cygnett and Griffin case, but they are not the best.

Anybody know of anything else available locally or when online stores (ie, Amazon) are going to have stock of some of the "big players" (ie, not the no name "tide me over until..." types like Evecase, etc.)?

Thanks.

I bought this one from Brookstone http://m.brookstone.com/mt/www.brookstone.com/flexible-pattern-case-for-ipod-touch-5th-generation

I also bought the vapor slim and evecase through amazon. I should be receiving them within the next couple if days.

treeoflife

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
The new iPod Touch 5G comes in colors and I don't know if I would want to cover the back. I am debating whether to get a case for myself.

pinkoos

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2005
Texas
I actually went ahead and got the Griffin Protector for both my sons' touches and it's actually a really good case. So good, in fact, that I've been looking for one for my iPhone 5. Microcenter only has pink, though, unfortunately.

ktsui01

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2010
New York
i went to my local bestbuy (brooklyn, ny) today and i saw they had accessories for the new 5g touch. they had a few gel cases in various colors and tons of zagg screen protectors for it. im surprised bestbuy has more cases than the apple stores around here.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008

pinkoos

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2005
Texas
Okay, thanks.

By the way, when BB price matched, did they happen to notice that the Amazon listing showed it as being Out of Stock?

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
I found this 2-pack at my local Best Buy tonight. Silicone and a little bulky, but good protection for my 9-year-olds' 5th gen IPod Touches. BB also priced match the $14.29 at Amazon too which was cool.

http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F8W130-2

That item is out of stock on Amazon, so BB screwed up, because they aren't suppose to price match merchandise that isn't in stock.

Good that you got them too, but someone screwed up.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
Okay, thanks.

By the way, when BB price matched, did they happen to notice that the Amazon listing showed it as being Out of Stock?

They actually didn't say anything about the Amazon listing being out of stock. I only got to the Amazon price with the BB employee because there wasn't a price tag on the rack with the cases and I used my iPhone app to scan the barcode which came up with that Amazon listing.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
I'm planning to go 'leather'. Yes, leather cases are slightly bulkier, and not cheap.... but they sure are protective and stylish. And yes, the leather "flip cases" I usually go for will cover the front screen of the iTouch/iPhone (when not in use). They are magnetic clasp enclosures, so they close nicely.

For the leathers... PDair is my favorite company. Their leather flip cases for the iTouch 5G is in pre-order mode on their website. So I won't actually order until I know it's a sure thing.

My old iPod Nano 3G (Fattie) still wearing one of PDair's leather cases, tho I'll soon be giving this away to my niece.

3bipn3f42_7.jpg

PDair's iPhone 5 Leather cases are already shipping, and they look sweet! Now I am just awaiting release of their iPod Touch 5G leathers. They even have crocodile-pattern leather, and every type of color in leather.

3bipp5b41_1_2.jpg

fbipp5f41_1.jpg

3ripp5b41_1.jpg

mrskb

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Michigan
I have a Splash Vapor case; it's a bumper case, very thin, protective, and mine is clear so my blue IPT 5g shows through. I bought it on Amazon.....

mrskb

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Michigan
I'm planning to go 'leather'. Yes, leather cases are slightly bulkier, and not cheap.... but they sure are protective and stylish. And yes, the leather "flip cases" I usually go for will cover the front screen of the iTouch/iPhone (when not in use). They are magnetic clasp enclosures, so they close nicely.

For the leathers... PDair is my favorite company. Their leather flip cases for the iTouch 5G is in pre-order mode on their website. So I won't actually order until I know it's a sure thing.

My old iPod Nano 3G (Fattie) still wearing one of PDair's leather cases, tho I'll soon be giving this away to my niece.

PDair's iPhone 5 Leather cases are already shipping, and they look sweet! Now I am just awaiting release of their iPod Touch 5G leathers. They even have crocodile-pattern leather, and every type of color in leather.

http://www.pdair.com/index.php/multi-media-player/apple/apple-ipod-touch-5th.html

There are a few leather cases available now at PDair! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.