Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

merc070809

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Question number one: If i go to verizon and start a new 2 year contract with them can i get the iphone 5 for $199.00 Im in the US. also do i have to have good credit to get the phone and contract in my name?

Question number two: If my step dad adds a line to his existing account with Verizon for me can i get the phone for $199.00 with a two year contract. Someone told me it would cost more than that since i'm not eligible for an upgrade...

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Question number one: If i go to verizon and start a new 2 year contract with them can i get the iphone 5 for $199.00 Im in the US. also do i have to have good credit to get the phone and contract in my name?

Question number two: If my step dad adds a line to his existing account with Verizon for me can i get the phone for $199.00 with a two year contract. Someone told me it would cost more than that since i'm not eligible for an upgrade...

1. Yes, you can get the 16GB i5 for $199 plus tax with a 2 year contract.
You will need good credit to start service with them, if not they will ask you for a deposit.

2.Yes if he adds a line to his plan you can get it for $199 and then whatever the monthly fee portion will be for your line.
Ask your Mom and Stepdad if they will go for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.