Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b24pgg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
CA
5GnUM.jpg

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/10/1...r-notification-light-under-the-front-speaker/

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
You know, I handled the RAZR M at Best Buy the other day, and I was actually very impressed. I can't speak for the entire RAZR line, a lot of which I think has hideous designs, but the RAZR M is far more subtle and modest. It's a really compact and well put together device. And the 4.3" screen in such a small body felt nice. Also really sweet that the software is almost stock Android.

I dont' think I'd ever get it, but it's impressive and makes me feel more open minded to a future Motorola Nexus device.

And ya, that notification light is rad.

.macbookpro.

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2012
london
the sony xperia phones have a see through antenna that lights up at the bottom of the device. if you download this app, it becomes your notification light. on the xperia u, you can choose any colour
Xperia-u-LED.jpg

xuselppa

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2012
I like both the Motorola and Sony notification lights. I hope Samsung moves to this trend, because it is better than a little light bulb.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
I like both the Motorola and Sony notification lights. I hope Samsung moves to this trend, because it is better than a little light bulb.

Nah the galaxy nexus still has the best notification led. I wish the s3s pulsed faded in and out like the nexus's.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
That's good use of space. I'm really liking the Razr M. Perfect size screen in an iPhone 4/4S size case. Plus the new UI isn't bad at all and smart actions work great.

My only gripe is the locked boot loader Verizon enforces.

xuselppa

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2012
Nah the galaxy nexus still has the best notification led. I wish the s3s pulsed faded in and out like the nexus's.

It does, but only with the color blue. The latest version of Lightflow allows for slow to ultra fast blinking of nearly any color, but it still has a bug for N American S3 users, in that it will eat your battery in about 4 hours. Next version will fix the issue, according to the device.
But I agree with you, pulsing is much better than blinking on and off. I still would like to see a larger led area for the notification light though. I like Sony's because it can be hacked to blink any color, in any way, and seen whether the phone is facing up or down, while Motorola's is a more refined look and actually looks a lot brighter, as if the light is being focused, instead of dispersed.

Bottom line, I like them. :D

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
It does, but only with the color blue. The latest version of Lightflow allows for slow to ultra fast blinking of nearly any color, but it still has a bug for N American S3 users, in that it will eat your battery in about 4 hours. Next version will fix the issue, according to the device.
But I agree with you, pulsing is much better than blinking on and off. I still would like to see a larger led area for the notification light though. I like Sony's because it can be hacked to blink any color, in any way, and seen whether the phone is facing up or down, while Motorola's is a more refined look and actually looks a lot brighter, as if the light is being focused, instead of dispersed.

Bottom line, I like them. :D

Yeah, they are very useful, the nexus's also allows you to use any color as well. Its an rgbw led which can mix to create any color. The razr's is pretty cool as well.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
You know, I handled the RAZR M at Best Buy the other day, and I was actually very impressed. I can't speak for the entire RAZR line, a lot of which I think has hideous designs, but the RAZR M is far more subtle and modest. It's a really compact and well put together device. And the 4.3" screen in such a small body felt nice. Also really sweet that the software is almost stock Android.

I dont' think I'd ever get it, but it's impressive and makes me feel more open minded to a future Motorola Nexus device.

And ya, that notification light is rad.

Same. I'm actually trading and receiving some cash, my Galaxy S3 for the Razr M this weekend! Sounds crazy but the internals are nearly the same, -1GB ram and battery should be better since going from 2100mAh to the M's 2000mAh on a smaller screen. 4.3" is fine for me (used the 4S for a year w/o complaints) and the overall size of the phone is about the same as an iP5, just not as thin. But it's made of aluminum and some kevlar so I won't have to rock a case to help with size. I love the S3 and the xda development behind it has been AMAZING, but I like the M's overall size much better and it will be able to do pretty much everything the S3 can minus pictures. Camera on the M I hear sucks but oh well! What made me finally go for it though was it was rooted a couple days ago (which I find really important over unlocked bootloader) and the jelly bean leak 4.1 is working really well on the phone! Hoorah - although I've been using CM10 on my S3, I cannot go back to ICS!

xuselppa

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2012
Same. I'm actually trading and receiving some cash, my Galaxy S3 for the Razr M this weekend! Sounds crazy but the internals are nearly the same, -1GB ram and battery should be better since going from 2100mAh to the M's 2000mAh on a smaller screen. 4.3" is fine for me (used the 4S for a year w/o complaints) and the overall size of the phone is about the same as an iP5, just not as thin. But it's made of aluminum and some kevlar so I won't have to rock a case to help with size. I love the S3 and the xda development behind it has been AMAZING, but I like the M's overall size much better and it will be able to do pretty much everything the S3 can minus pictures. Camera on the M I hear sucks but oh well! What made me finally go for it though was it was rooted a couple days ago (which I find really important over unlocked bootloader) and the jelly bean leak 4.1 is working really well on the phone! Hoorah - although I've been using CM10 on my S3, I cannot go back to ICS!

When you get it, post some pics and give us a review on how it performs compared to the S3. I am curious about these new Razr's and if Google is influencing their UI. Thanks.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

Gives us a review on the M once you've used it a bit.

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
I do find Motorola to have the nicest looking and best build Android hardware on the market. The rest seem to be filled with lots of cheap plastic.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.