Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:09 AM   #1
leftheaded
macrumors member

Delete iCal Alerts in Mountain Lion?

no matter what I try I always have these alerts (see attached screenshot). I use my calendar often enough that these alerts are inundating me. How can I permanently stop and/or remove these alerts?

fwiw - the event is created in google calendar with NO alerts. iCal is adding this
Attached Images

leftheaded is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:16 AM   #2
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Are you on Mountain Lion? There are some settings in the Calendar app preferences under alerts where you can control this.

Thumb resize.
Weaselboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:56 AM   #3
leftheaded
macrumors member

yeah, i set all those to "none", but the alerts are still there. i'll try to reboot
leftheaded is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:52 PM   #4
BillyFinn
macrumors newbie

Disable pop-up calendar notifications

This was driving me crazy too, and none of the usual suggestions worked. What DID work -- holding down the Option key while clicking on the Notifications icon in the menu bar (top right of the screen). This apparently disabled all pop-up notifications -- hooray!
BillyFinn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:48 AM   #5
Europe calling
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFinn View Post
This was driving me crazy too, and none of the usual suggestions worked. What DID work -- holding down the Option key while clicking on the Notifications icon in the menu bar (top right of the screen). This apparently disabled all pop-up notifications -- hooray!
Well,
This works for a day,
after the next reboot this setting is gone. The text below the slide says ' Will resume tomorrow" ?
iCal just keeps popping out alerts about events, also sending those to my iPhone and iPad. How do i stop that?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store