Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Sep 1, 2005, 03:21 PM   #1
MrTchMan
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to MrTchMan
Need some Photoshop Help???

I am trying to make the background transparent for the following image. The problem it cuts off part of the pool stick. Can one you PS genius's help with this.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 03:44 PM   #2
tlogb
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to tlogb Send a message via Yahoo to tlogb
Can you show us where it cuts part of the pool stick off? By what method are you trying to make the background transparent? And what is you final intent for the image?
tlogb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2005, 04:10 PM   #3
Mac_Freak
macrumors 6502a

Here it is

I also have a Tiff with all the layers and selections. So if you need them to modify the selection PM your e-mail because the file is 380KB.

I have applied 0.2 px feathering to the selection.
Just apply drop shadow of your choice and its done.

Edit: Click on the attachment to open in new window, then drag it to desktop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	logo3.png
Views:	27
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	29526  

Last edited by Mac_Freak; Sep 1, 2005 at 04:17 PM.
Mac_Freak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2005, 05:28 PM   #4
Eric5h5
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTchMan
I am trying to make the background transparent for the following image. The problem it cuts off part of the pool stick. Can one you PS genius's help with this.
I'm assuming you're using the magic wand, and it's also selecting part of the right-hand stick (because it's just about as white as the background in spots). One question, is the tolerance for the magic wand 0%? (Just in case the pool stick is slightly off-white). If so, and it still doesn't work, try this: to quickly fix magic wand not quite selecting the right stuff, first use the magic wand, then switch to mask mode, then just paint the areas that are wrong, adding or substracting as necessary, then switch back to normal editing mode.

--Eric

Last edited by Eric5h5; Sep 1, 2005 at 05:32 PM.
Eric5h5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics