Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mal

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I'm looking for a solution to a problem which I would normally try to solve by deleting a .plist file, but I can't find a relevant one. In Notes in 10.8.2 on my iMac, I have two entries in the sidebar for iCloud, which leads to notes being duplicated in the "All Notes" section. I did notice that only one of these sections updates when I add new notes on this computer, but they both update with synced notes from my iPod or my Macbook Pro.

Screen Shot 2012-10-17 at 3.54.09 PM.PNG

There is no com.apple.notes.plist file, and I did a search within the user library folder for any files with "notes" in the name, so I'm not sure exactly where that list of accounts is pulled from. When I click "Accounts" in the Notes menu, it takes me to System Preferences, but my iCloud account only appears once there.

jW

zsyed

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
Fix: Sandboxing

Hey Mal,
Sorry for the late reply. Apple wants everyone to sandbox for security, and they did it themselves. Go to ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Notes

Hope this helps!

Mal

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Hey Mal,
Sorry for the late reply. Apple wants everyone to sandbox for security, and they did it themselves. Go to ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Notes

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

EDIT: Editing/deleting that file didn't work, but deleting the whole container for notes did. Wouldn't have known where to find that without you, though!

jW

Last edited:

Steve, Yo

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Hey Mal,

Hope this helps!

Hello, zsyed

I have used Terminal app to show all hidden files, and i cannot find /com.apple.Notes

all that i see are /com.apple.Preview and
/com.apple.TextEdit

Any ideas or further instruction? Much appreciated, Thanks!

Mal

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Hello, zsyed

I have used Terminal app to show all hidden files, and i cannot find /com.apple.Notes

all that i see are /com.apple.Preview and
/com.apple.TextEdit

Any ideas or further instruction? Much appreciated, Thanks!

Easiest approach is to go to Finder, hit Command-Shift-G (Go To Path) and paste in the path that was posted, "~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/Library/Preferences/". That will take you straight there. Make sure you include the ~ at the beginning, as that denotes your home folder, and it won't be in the root library.

jW

ckeilah

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2009
SOLVED: first open Internet Accounts, then iClown

It was that easy. Simply open System Preferences, then click on Internet Accounts (assuming you've set that up, you're done--otherwise set it up here). Then Show All, and click on iCloud. Everything should be ticked, and tickable, now.

Yep, another idiotic failure by post-Jobs crApple code monkeys. :-(

Also, why are International Settings completely ignored by the menu bar??? I want my date in ISO International STANDARD format, dammit! 2014-03-24 08:32, not "Mar 24 8:32" Come ON Apple. Stop adding "features" and fix what you already have. :-(

Another idiocy that hasn't been fixed in years.... if your server's mailbox is so full that the server is "slow" (i.e. Mail.app has to wait more than ~60seconds) Mail just bails, and you can *never* get your email! The "solution" is to manually keep resetting your clock back a minute, every minute, until Mail and your mailserver sync. GAAAAAAAA!!!! >:-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.