Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sabu213

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Fresno Ca
Found daughter playing with my wet iPad 3.

I took it from her and dried it off. Don't know how long she had been playing with it.
Yes i know , my fault but what's done is done.

I have been messing it with it for the last hour and everything works except sound and home button.

Games play fine.
Nothing is wrong with picture / screen. no water under glass.
Panel is still perfectly responsive, video plays fine.
I can navigate through everything with just swiping.

When i press the sleep wake button, sometimes it takes a pic of screen cause it thinks home button is being pressed.

My question is, should i invest in fixing it? Obviously need new home button and speakers but what more could be wrong and what is a reasonable price?

I will probably skip the mini and get next years, i'm in no hurry and it was just a luxury around the house anyway.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
Take it to the apple store see what they say. I wouldn't go in there saying it's water damaged let them tell you what's wrong with it. Good luck.

HERO XXL

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
iResQ. Used them in the past. Happy Camper. I BELIEVE that you can ship it to them and they can diagnose it for free--check their website to be sure, though.

sabu213

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Fresno Ca
Update*

Well, i picked it up this morning and everything seems normal.
Sound is back. Home button is back.
It may be a fraction of a second less responsive in terms of the home button.
Only we would notice.

I have had it playing Dark Knight for about a half hour now and no problems at all.

What had happened (from what i'm told) is that toddler was spraying it with a spray bottle. It was never submerged but yesterday there was water dripping off of it and sound was gone %100 same with home button.

Now this morning all seems fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.