Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:47 PM   #1
ra4oasis
macrumors regular

Airplay Direct, or solution for business/campus use

In late August, there were rumors that Apple was going to announce Airplay Direct, which would be a method of using Airplay, but without a traditional wifi network. Nothing was ever announced. I work at a University, and our network is much more complicated than your home network. Between vlan switching, going across subnets, firewalls, and so on, we can't use Airplay on campus. I've read of other campuses or businesses that are are in the same boat. So I'd LOVE for something like Airplay Direct (fingers crossed for the announcement on the 23rd). Anyone else work on a campus or at a business? If so, do you use Airplay, and how?
ra4oasis is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion