Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:28 PM   #51
Fazzy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by everything-i View Post
What a prat, he needs to lean how the real world works, big opportunities like this don't come along too often especially in the current labour market.
Quote:
No, I don't think it's Jealousy, he does appear to be a douche.
These don't seem so sarcastic to me.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:29 PM   #52
liavman
macrumors 6502

Mr. Allegra is allergic to Apple
liavman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:33 PM   #53
Ciclismo
macrumors 6502a

Did he really forget, or was what Apple was offering below par and he had hoped that maybe they'd come back to him with a better offer? Apple may be a great place to work, but not every employee gets what they want, or need, or deserve out of them. if everyone that worked there did, then no one would ever leave.
Ciclismo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:54 PM   #54
nullz
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
Probably a good thing - Now he'll be working on jailbreaks rather than working on stopping jailbreaks
I doubt it. Now that he's worked at Apple, they can claim that he is privy to Apple's trade secrets, and could credibly sue him for making public any method of jailbreaking Apple devices.
nullz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:56 PM   #55
Shade12
macrumors regular

Don't worry you will find a new job just get a haircut and dress casual. : D
Shade12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:57 PM   #56
munkery
macrumors 68020

Given his skill set and connections in the industry, he will most likely get higher paying employment with a security company than being an intern at Apple.

Also, exploits for vulnerabilities can be sold. In the vulnerability grey market, exploits like the ones he produces sell for big money.
munkery is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:00 PM   #57
Glideslope
macrumors 68020

He's a youngin. Good Life Lesson learned. He will have other opportunities.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:07 PM   #58
DanteMann
Banned

Not everyone cares to kiss Apple's ass. Bravo. Now go over to Samsung and make Apple regret their decision.
DanteMann is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:11 PM   #59
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMI View Post
I'm wondering if "remote intern" is just a clever way to "fire" him without legally firing him.
Was he being pushed out of the company, now that they got whatever info out of him they wanted.
Was he a remote intern before, or was this a change in title/designation/status?

Anyone heard of this before?
I kind of think you need to read it again, or I do. I think he was always a remote intern and I don't think a company looking to push anyone out is going to unleash them into the world to work from wherever outside of the watchful eye. Think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STiNG Operation View Post
Probably mostly lies in this story....

It's not like Apple wouldn't let him know while he is employed as intern that they will be re hiring him....

They wouldn't just shoot him an email out of the blue and be like "hey you want to keep working for us" lol.
If he is remote I don't doubt that they shot him an e-mail. Most people who work in the real world read their e-mails and those who do not find themselves out of a job eventually.

And to those calling him a douche by his photo; how incredibly narrow-minded people are these days. To get to a point where you can look at some scruffy 20 year old kid and think he's a douche is absurd to me. He "forgot" to respond to an e-mail and that smells fishy but there has to be way more to the story.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:30 PM   #60
MacSince1990
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
Only at Apple? I guess this guy needs a crash course such as "How To Cope In The Real World 101".
I like how you guys talk about the "real world" as if it's hard, or something only some people can handle. Get over yourself.

And by the way, as far as the "real world" goes... you're hitting buttons on a board, entering 0's and 1's into a box and sending them hundreds of miles away within a matter of seconds into another box where it's stored and displayed for others to look at and reply to in the same way.

You call this reality?

Get real.

----------

Quote:
What a prat, he needs to lean how the real world works, big opportunities like this don't come along too often especially in the current labour market.
You're confusing the rate at which opportunities come to sub-120s like you, and people like Allegra.

Understandable mistake.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:31 PM   #61
everything-i
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazzy View Post
These don't seem so sarcastic to me.
No they are just simple facts. Maybe your just not recognising simple dry British wit here.

Last edited by everything-i; Oct 19, 2012 at 03:43 PM.
everything-i is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:33 PM   #62
12dylan34
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by padrino121 View Post
There are so many flawed assumptions in your post.

1. If you want it so bad go get a job there yourself? Like every company it has it's ups and downs.

2. I read the email as a young kid not necessarily having a handle on how things are done. The jealously underlying your tone tells me your view will be quite different, and just a little bit sad.
I'm not in any field that Apple deals with, and I have great respect for anyone talented enough in their field to get hired there. My point was that if I was offered a job at one of the best places to work in the world, I would have been on making sure I'm replying to my email.

Maybe I'm wrong about him being arrogant on second thought. I guess I was trying to say that you can be the smartest and most talented person in the world, but you can't be unmindful, otherwise you'll get the boot. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that you should reply to an email offering you a long term job.
12dylan34 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:37 PM   #63
MacSince1990
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12dylan34 View Post
My point was that if I was offered a job at one of the best places to work in the world, I would have been on making sure I'm replying to my email.
You want to work for Apple? Foxconn just sent you an email

Quote:
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that you should reply to an email offering you a long term job.
They were offering him a continuation of his internship.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:45 PM   #64
AmpSkillz
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston1236 View Post
Probably for the best. Im sure he didnt want to be a career intern.
I am quite sure that this "remote intern" job was much more like a monthly "please don't release any hacks for iOS" pay off, and not so much a career choice he would have to be stuck in.

I have no doubt that Apple had him contractually restricted from releasing any iOS hacks as long as they were paying him, with further stipulations that he report all coding errors/loopholes he found exclusively to Apple.
AmpSkillz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:55 PM   #65
ipadDev
macrumors member

Being a low-level apple code monkey or hardware jockey is not the best pay in the world. I'd offer him 90k+benefits+equity to work full-time in Texas with a clear path to 100k+ in a year or two.

Hopefully he can get back to jailbreaking. He most likely will not be able to go by comex or his real name since he signed an NDA with Apple and probably learned a lot about A5/A6 boot-loader security with insider Apple knowledge.
ipadDev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:56 PM   #66
FieldingMellish
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyHouse View Post
Jealousy is such an ugly thing.
Jealousy? Guy's a knucklehead letting an opportunity evaporate.
FieldingMellish is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:01 PM   #67
Bill Killer
macrumors 6502

I'm sorry, but who makes a formal job offer via email?
Bill Killer is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:08 PM   #68
gotluck
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldingMellish View Post
Jealousy? Guy's a knucklehead letting an opportunity evaporate.
like said previously in this thread, there are likely better offers out there for this guy than being an intern at apple
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:16 PM   #69
Bahamut Eos
macrumors member

I don't understand the hostel reactions to this guy. He's not working for apple, not that happy about it, that's fair. Missing an e-mail deadline doesn't make him a bad person.

Also he looks like a Harry Potter for sure.
Bahamut Eos is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:18 PM   #70
nick_elt
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipadDev View Post
Being a low-level apple code monkey or hardware jockey is not the best pay in the world. I'd offer him 90k+benefits+equity to work full-time in Texas with a clear path to 100k+ in a year or two.

Hopefully he can get back to jailbreaking. He most likely will not be able to go by comex or his real name since he signed an NDA with Apple and probably learned a lot about A5/A6 boot-loader security with insider Apple knowledge.
sounds good to me
nick_elt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:34 PM   #71
Fazzy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
No they are just simple facts. Maybe your just not recognising simple dry British wit here.
Oh I wouldn't call that wit.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:56 PM   #72
pandamonia
Banned

Why would you want to work for Apple anyway. Biggest nazi employer on the planet. No trust no loyalty and crappy hours and no life.

He would be better off working at Google. At least they have a good culture.

You only have to look at the acquisition retention of staff of Apple vs Google.

At Apple they cant wait to get out.
pandamonia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:59 PM   #73
chairguru22
macrumors 6502a

Yea... when someone asks you if you want to keep working and you don't respond... you tend to stop working there...
chairguru22 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:09 PM   #74
iGrip
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to iGrip Send a message via AIM to iGrip Send a message via MSN to iGrip Send a message via Yahoo to iGrip Send a message via Skype™ to iGrip
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
He "forgot" to respond to an e-mail and that smells fishy but there has to be way more to the story.
Did anybody in this thread actually read to the end of the article?

Quote:
Allegra added that his departure from Apple was more complicated than just a forgotten email,
iGrip is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:27 PM   #75
FieldingMellish
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotluck View Post
like said previously in this thread, there are likely better offers out there for this guy than being an intern at apple
Your statement's strangely got nothing to do with my response to someone calling me jealous in response to my original post, calling the young man a douche bag for having lost sight of Apple's email.
FieldingMellish is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion