Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:42 PM   #1
SwimmingPool
macrumors newbie

Do you use a case on your iPhone 5? How is the phone holding up?

Hello!

This is my first post here on MacRumors, I just wanted to share something.

When I bought AppleCare+ for my iPhone 5 I look at that AppleCare+ as my phone case. I think that its worth the extra money to have your iPhone not covered up and still have protection.

Also, How are your naked iPhone 5's holding up? I have had mine since launch day and it is still in perfect condition.
SwimmingPool is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:59 PM   #2
numberforty1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimmingPool View Post
Hello!

When I bought AppleCare+ for my iPhone 5 I look at that AppleCare+ as my phone case. I think that its worth the extra money to have your iPhone not covered up and still have protection.

Also, How are your naked iPhone 5's holding up? I have had mine since launch day and it is still in perfect condition.
I got my iphone5 today (white) and it is sooooo good looking! lol...i have it in a puregear , clear case but i almost want to go caseless cause the phone is so sleek.
numberforty1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:00 PM   #3
SLC Flyfishing
macrumors 65816

I have an incipio dual pro case, black iPhone 5. Still in pristine condition 3 weeks in. Not a scratch or dent.
SLC Flyfishing is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:02 PM   #4
SwimmingPool
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberforty1 View Post
I got my iphone5 today (white) and it is sooooo good looking! lol...i have it in a puregear , clear case but i almost want to go caseless cause the phone is so sleek.
I think with the white one you would be fine going case-less. I have the black i5 and it is still looking great.
SwimmingPool is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:07 PM   #5
numberforty1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I think with the white one you would be fine going case-less. I have the black i5 and it is still looking great.
i think you're right...ill keep the case on for a week or so until i'm finished babying the "new" phone& then it's going to get NAAAAAKEEEED

enjoy yours!
numberforty1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:13 PM   #6
mjpearce023
macrumors 6502

I have used several different cases on my black 5 and it has not scratched the phone all. The 3 scuffs I have on the phone were designed by Apple. I thought taking cases on and off would scratch up the aluminum but surprisingly it hasn't.
mjpearce023 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:19 PM   #7
bembol
macrumors 6502a

Designed by Apple. Gold! LOL

I have the Incipio feather and *knock-on-wood* it's holding up, still flawless after a few weeks. I thought taking it off, to clean it would scratch it.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:19 PM   #8
Chasedabigbase
macrumors newbie

I did but I switched to a full body screen protector, I just really like the feel of the ihpne 5 without a case so it's worth the risk
Chasedabigbase is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:33 PM   #9
gmanist1000
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Hello!

I used the SwitchEasy Nude case for about a week, and then it just split down the camera opening. Here's my video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5e6qCksvQA

I advise everyone against buying the Nude case for their iPhone 5.
gmanist1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:36 PM   #10
dellAbait
macrumors member

no... fine
dellAbait is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:44 PM   #11
Fanboi4life
macrumors regular

I have the Belkin Grip Max in black and have no issues. It's semi-bulky, but not as bulky as the fottercases. I take it out the case weekly to wipe the phone, and still no visible blemishes or scratches. I even dropped it for the first time today, and the case took a scratch but the phone is still flawless.
Fanboi4life is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:48 PM   #12
mcdj
macrumors 603

Quote:
Hello!

welcome to macrumors. have a look around. there are appropriate sub forums for many questions, including this one, which is asked daily.

http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:00 PM   #13
JCstudios
macrumors member

Hi,

Welcome to Macrumors.

The iPhone 5 is so easily to get scratches and marks. Specially the antenna band.

I think a full body skin is a good ideal , as you know small things tends to find a way into cases.
JCstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:56 PM   #14
xraydoc
macrumors Demi-God

I have a clear matte skin on the back and a crystal screen protector on the front glass. Otherwise the phone has been naked for the last week insofar as no case. Not a mark around the edges at all. And mine is black, which are reported to be more scratch-prone.

Granted I'm careful with mine and try to avoid dings and keeping coins in the same pocket. But it's holding up just as well as my naked 4 and 4S did.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:06 PM   #15
matrix808
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraydoc View Post
I have a clear matte skin on the back and a crystal screen protector on the front glass. Otherwise the phone has been naked for the last week insofar as no case. Not a mark around the edges at all. And mine is black, which are reported to be more scratch-prone.

Granted I'm careful with mine and try to avoid dings and keeping coins in the same pocket. But it's holding up just as well as my naked 4 and 4S did.
what matte protector are you using for the back?
matrix808 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:12 AM   #16
Meltdownblitz
macrumors 6502a

Been using my iPhone 5 naked with full body skin and front screen protector since launch day. Not a scratch or drop yet. *Knocks on wood* I do as well have apple care+. With my previous phones I have always used cases or I should say bumpers mostly, but I told myself when I got the iPhone 5 I would get AppleCare+ and use the phone naked, so far I'm loving it, haven't turned back!
Meltdownblitz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:35 AM   #17
lumpsuckers
macrumors newbie

I picked up the Incase pro snap case and haven't used it yet. Love the black i5 naked right now. Good to just have a backup if I change my mind.
lumpsuckers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:56 PM   #18
xraydoc
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix808 View Post
what matte protector are you using for the back?
http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/app...ystal-mix.html
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:01 PM   #19
nharrietha
macrumors member

I got my White iPhone on release day and I don't really know what to call it, certainly not a scuff, but there was a little blue dot on one of the antenna's. Other than that my phone is in perfect condition right now sitting in its Switcheasy Nude and ZAGG HD screen protector. Contemplating taking the case off though!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:33 AM   #20
Euro320
macrumors newbie

I have the black 5 and it looks AWESOME!
I'm way too scared to carry it round in its 'naked' form so I got a couple of these cases:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Chrome...item4abd69a83d

They've kept it looking brand new and the free screen protectors were a nice bonus.

Sometimes I use the white case and then switch it round or leave it off completely when I fancy a change of image.

Just wish the battery life was a little better
Euro320 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories