Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last month ahead of the iPhone 5 launch, we rolled out the first in a new series of "Roundups", designed to be a one-stop location for readers to catch up on our up-to-date thoughts on Apple's upcoming product releases and updates.

ipad_mini_roundup_banner.jpg
With another Apple media event right around the corner, we've added new Roundups to include a significant number of products expected to see releases next week. Our new pages, all of which are accessible through the "Roundups" tab in the site navigation bar, include:

- iPad mini
- 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro
- iMac
- Mac mini

We will be continuing to update each one in the days prior to the event, and will continue to add new roundups for additional products over time.

Article Link: MacRumors Roundups for iPad Mini, 13-Inch Retina MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Mini

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
These took a lot longer to get out then we had originally anticipated. There are also still a few bugs in the system (such as forum tab integration). Hoping to get these out much more ahead of time in the future.

arn

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
I think Safari will run a lot snappier on the new iPad mini, 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro, iMac, and Mac mini. :)

Seriously though, I'm most curious if there will be a quad-core processor in the Retina MacBook Pro, or if Apple will be cheapskates by putting a dual-core in there.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
- iPad mini to actually be 27"
- 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro $99 starting price
- iMac *laughs*
- Mac mini, yes we have those ...

----------

These took a lot longer to get out then we had originally anticipated. There are also still a few bugs in the system (such as forum tab integration). Hoping to get these out much more ahead of time in the future.

arn

Don't sweat it, love the round ups you guys do, linking some non-member friends out to these :cool:

I

iFanboy

Really looking forward to the iMac announcement.

Hope we get some design changes rather than spec bumps.

currentinterest

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
Is the updated "newer" iPad being left out? Aren't we at minimum expecting a lightning connector, and at most an A6, in-cell version possibly a little thinner and lighter?

Frign

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2011
This is definitely a Mac rumor overdose after months of silence. How about an iPhone 6-Roundup?

makingdots

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2008
In short, the math works out where a 7.85" iPad mini shares the exact same size of user interface elements as the iPhone. What this means is that an existing iPad app designed for a 9.7" screen should work fine on a 7.85" screen without any further modification.

iPad

rockinrocker

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2006
Is the updated "newer" iPad being left out? Aren't we at minimum expecting a lightning connector, and at most an A6, in-cell version possibly a little thinner and lighter?

My bet is they won't make this change until the next one comes out.
Sort of like they did with the updated processor in the iPad 2.

Diaz72

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
I'm still a bit skeptical. Why would they release 2 iPads in one year? I believe that it's coming, but right now? hmmmm....

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
I'm still a bit skeptical. Why would they release 2 iPads in one year? I believe that it's coming, but right now? hmmmm....

Why would you be skeptical? We have 11" and 13" Airs and 13" and 15" MacBooks, people want options! Now we'll have 7" and 10" iPad.

Apple is late to the 7" market which apparently quite a bit of people want. Just look at some of the more recent articles/forum threads, a decent amount of people saying at the right price they'd easily pick one or more up. I personally find my iPad 2 heavy after a bit of use. Not to the point where my arm is sore, just to the point where I'd maybe consider a Mini in the future.

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
I cannot wait until this keynote!

But I think I have an exam an hour after it starts =(

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Why would they release 2 iPads in one year?

Because they're different sizes. And different price ranges, the big question is whether they'll price the iPad mini cheap enough to really compete with the kindle fire 7 HD ($199). iPad is a strong product but this time around there's the potential for the mini to seem like a "me too" product, particularly if it has a lower resolution than the kindle, as expected.

turtlehead

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
Lost my faith

After the iPhone 5 scratches, going through several iPad 3 that were sent in for repairs and today buying a new nano only to have the paint peeling off around the screen and some paint bubbles on the back, anything new coming out from now I'm not looking forward to until they get there act together

TimAlia

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2007
How has the Apple wristwatch not been rumors for this event? It's coming, mark my words.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal

Yea you're right, all these rumors and and invite. Definetly can't mean an iPad mini :rolleyes: What were we thinking?! :eek:

After the iPhone 5 scratches, going through several iPad 3 that were sent in for repairs and today buying a new nano only to have the paint peeling off around the screen and some paint bubbles on the back, anything new coming out from now I'm not looking forward to until they get there act together

If only these 'problems' were the worst of problems in the world...

Hell0W0rld

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2010
Why would you be skeptical? We have 11" and 13" Airs and 13" and 15" MacBooks, people want options! Now we'll have 7" and 10" iPad.

Apple is late to the 7" market which apparently quite a bit of people want. Just look at some of the more recent articles/forum threads, a decent amount of people saying at the right price they'd easily pick one or more up. I personally find my iPad 2 heavy after a bit of use. Not to the point where my arm is sore, just to the point where I'd maybe consider a Mini in the future.

Yes, but people want 7" mainly because it is cheaper and Apple and cheap where never synonyms. The ipad mini has only a real chance for widespread adoption if they start a prize war with the kindle fire so the only thing Apple can do is to be just slightly above the prize of the kindle fire, if the set prizes too high people will just by a kindle fire if the prizes are set to low, Apple will ruin their premium device image and the 10" ipad sales in the long run.

Semester

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2011
How has the Apple wristwatch not been rumors for this event? It's coming, mark my words.

Yeah, they couldn't possibly have killed the square nano for nothing. An iWatch makes total sense as a replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.